MOST COMMON APPROACH TO INCREASING POWER:
- Parallelization of multiple IGBT modules. Derating needed because of different IGBT characteristics at the same temperature leads to greater than 10% performance losses.
WHAT Dana TM4 DOES:
- Multiple 3-phase subsystems allow full use of the IGBT/diode component performance
Dana TM4 OFFERS A SCALABLE LINE OF INVERTERS:
- CO150 – 3 phase
TM4 MOTIVETM series
- CO200 – 6 phase
TM4 SUMOTM MD series
- CO300 – 9 phase
TM4 SUMOTM HD series
IGBT module parallelization not required
- Allows full usage of the IGBT/diode dies.
- Significantly reduces the size and cost of the capacitor.
- Multi-phase allows for interleaving of the IGBT switching thereby minimizing the ripple current seen by the capacitor.
- Three electrically and magnetically independent subsystems.
- Fewer windings in parallel, less current in case of unbalanced phase voltages.
- Lower braking torque and current if short-circuit event occurs in one or two subsystems only.
Learn more by reading this blog article