Team Leader, System Integration Electric Vehicle (EV) (Laval)
Laval, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
As Team Leader, System integration Electric Vehicle (EV) you will be involved in the development of integrated electrified powertrain and vehicle systems for the Commercial Vehicle Business Unit.
You will be leading a group of System Engineers and interact with the client’s engineering team to deliver a BEV that exceeds expectations in regard to ESS, BMS, powertrain, DC/DC, OBC, HVAC, cooling, brakes and power steering.
Your workplace will be very dynamic, fast-paced and will include many different tasks, from the development of systems architecture to the creating from scratch of simulation models, right through commissioning prototypes trucks.
You can expect to lead the design and development of new and innovative electric vehicle system from concept to production with an emphasis on the electrified powertrain portfolio.
- Lead the design and architecture of HV systems for commercial vehicles, including the high-level CAN and LV layouts
- Lead, coordinate and contribute to the system engineering activities
- Support the team performing powertrains simulations to gather range and efficiency data, and to confirm component performance
- Take customer specifications and turn those into electrified powertrains
- Participate in the assignment of team members to different technical projects
- Organize the work of the Systems Engineering Team to support programs and products requirements.
- Coordinate the communication between Systems and Services Engineers
- Validate the systems schematics done by the team
- Lead generation of all engineering/quality documentation (DFMEA, DVP&R, BD, PD, SDS, Functional Safety, etc.), with an emphasis on a full requirements cascade
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechatronic, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Control Systems or related field required
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in Electrified Powertrain, Electric Vehicle (EV) or related experience
- Experience on systems engineering
- Knowledge of controls software and requirements a must
- Knowledge of ASPICE a plus
- Experience and knowledge of control systems
- Control software development or system design experience in automotive, an asset
- Experience in team management, an asset
- Communication, interpersonal, influence and mobilization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build relationships with all functions and levels across the organization
- Continuously adapt and prioritize constantly changing environment and business requirements
- Strong organization, scheduling and facilitation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, including ability to identify and resolve issues and challenges.
- Ability to multi-task effectively on projects and assignments
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills required in English. French knowledge is a plus
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in order to meet deadlines and goals
- A team player, who is both flexible and creative in their approach to problem solving
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a vibrant, growing company which fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We are lucky enough to always have challenging projects to take part in
- We stand out through our team’s multidisciplinary and multicultural nature
- We subscribe to a comprehensive group insurance plan and a retirement plan with employer contribution
- Our Social Club organizes a wide range of activities