Project Manager, Prototyping (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
As Project Manager, Prototyping, you will be an active member of the project team at the operations level. You are responsible for the delivery of new product prototypes in accordance with delivery and quality objectives.
Your role will be to act as the primary liaison between the project teams at the engineering, program and operations levels for the launch of new products, processes and for the follow-up of product orders.
- Ensure that projects are completed in accordance with internal procedures (project milestones, phase checklist, etc.)
- Coordinate the teams of prototyping, industrialization, procurement, quality and production testing technicians
- Ensure the implementation of the necessary actions to respect project deadlines
- Identify, assess and manage project risks
- Finding appropriate solutions to resolve issues related to the identified risks
- In collaboration with the Quality Engineer, work closely with buyers to communicate quality expectations, delivery dates, requirements for purchased material and processes to suppliers
- Determine priorities in the project schedule and provide feedback on order status (prototypes or limited series, delivery dates, process documentation, product returns or work, resolution of quality issues)
- Actively contribute to the management of project deliverables in order to follow each step of the project development in terms of product industrialization (DECI, quality requirements, tools, purchasing, assembly, production testing, PAPP, follow-up and resolution of construction and shipping stops
- Use the AX ERP system to support purchasing needs (purchase requisitions) and manufacturing needs (creation of BOMs, creation of work orders)
- Interpret drawings and specifications for components, assemblies and tooling
- Contribute to the revision of the design for production
- Participate in the dynamics of continuous improvement in order to contribute to the efficiency of the company and the evolution of the profession
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering, project management, supply chain and logistics
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in manufacturing, production planning or logistics
- Ability to interpret component and assembly drawings and technical specifications
- Good understanding of GD&T (geometric and dimensional tolerances)
- Mastery of computer systems including Excel
- Good knowledge of an ERP system (ex: Microsoft AX)
- Ability to guide and coordinate the progress of projects with members of a multidisciplinary team
- Autonomy and proactivity
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- Bilingual in French and English (spoken and written).
- Available to work overtime if required
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec SME that fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration.
- We are distinguished by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility to benefit from a summer schedule.
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station.
- Our Social Club organizes a variety of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, mechoui, dessert club, 5@7, comedy night, etc.