Product Manager, HV Motors & Inverters (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Plug in your career and be part of our driving force!
Join us in the development and advancement of clean, efficient, and effective technology and contribute to the growth of transportation electrification.
Dana TM4 is a company whose primary mission is the electrification of transportation. We are recognized worldwide for our high-tech products. We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based company that encourages creativity and innovation. We believe that challenges are interesting and constantly renewed and that we can all personally make a difference.
The EV (Std.) Product Manager (SPM), HV systems at Dana TM4 is responsible for the complete product life-cycle management of the Dana TM4 HV systems product portfolio.
The SPM monitor the sales and profitability of “his/her” products and initiates and coordinate activities intended to support the Dana sales team, maintain and grow it´s electrification business. Specifically for the products assigned, the SPM will be responsible for initiating activities to maximize the value proposition, grow volume and profit while reducing the complexity.
The SPM is thereby the liaison person between Dana TM4 Product Planning team, key Dana teams such as Program Management, Business Unit (BU) Sales, Marketing, Finance and finally also the Dana TM4 Plants and Product engineering teams.
The SPM coordinate the activities for launch, positioning, promotion, “product care”, and ultimately the phase-out during the entire life-cycle of the product.
Your mandate: revolutionize the world of transportation, while:
- Establishing / Maintaining an overview of current range of Products and Accessories to be accessible at all times.
- Organizing and Developing sales tools (e.g. Product presentation, Configurator,….).
- Organizing Price list. Establishing Price positioning and policy.
- Establishing / Maintaining a “Responsibility Matrix” list across organisational functions for the individual products.
- Establishing / Maintaining library for easy acces to materials and tools.
- Establishing and maintaining a strong communication channel to the BU sales teams.
- Participating in the Launch process with Program Management from ~6 month prior to SOP.
- Organizing/Developing and coordinating the Product launch package including (USP, Sales tools, pricing, Brochures, technical documentation,…) in due time.
- Organizing product training and training of sales personal prior to any external launch of product.
- Coordinating launch plan with Dana Marketing & Sales.
- Building initiatives (e.g. training, promotionial activities, tools,…) to enable Sales team to grow sales faster.
- Constantly seeking to Reduce Complexity in the product portfolio and/or Marketing materials.
- Frequently reviewing the Accessories Portfolio to either grow sales or reduce complexity.
- Coordinating flow of information related to product changes, updates and “Product Change Notifications” between Dana TM4 engineering and plants and the Dana BU Sales teams.
- Developing and Updating Price list´s (quarterly) to reflect change to product portfolio and/or Comodity Cost adjustments where applicable.
- Tracking product profitability together with Plant Management. Initiate Price or VAVE actions to improve.
- Helping push for product improvement or product adjustments to boost sales. Participate in Monthly “Product Pipeline Reviews”.
- Coordinating the Phase-out process and communication between the Dana TM4 functions/plants and the Dana BU sales organization (and our Customers).
- Organizing Last Time Buy (LTB) programs as well as Spare-Part programs where relevant.
- Ensuring that Product status is updated in relevant systems at all times
- Any other related tasks
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Minimum an engineering degree of Bsc. in Power Electronics, Mechanical Engineering or similar is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience from power electronics (e.g. inverters or drives), electric motors or electric vehicles.
- 3+ years qualified experience in product management, product development or field application engineering in the area of motors, inverters or power electronics
- Experience in working in a global organisation
- Experience with marketing and project management preferred.
- Strong product management, application or product development experience from electrified vehicle/mobile machine environment or from relevant motor, inverter or power electronics required.
- Have worked inside an International Organization.
- Experience from the Automotive industry preferred.
- Excellent language skills in English are required (Min. Oxford level 7)
- High level of proficiency in IT tools
(e.g. Microsoft Office, MS Teams etc.)
- Experience in advanced use of Ecxel & Database systems preferred
- Potentially experienced in making Business Plans, Marketing Plans or similar.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set / “Can do” attitude
- Charismatic, Presentable
- Good active listener
- Ability to motivate others through interpersonal skills and professional knowledge.
- Strong communication skills with intercultural acumen.
- Patient – yet business driven
- Self Driven. Must be able to work with little supervision
- up to 30 days of traveling per year is not an issue
Extras that feel good:
- Take advantage of having flexible work hours
- We also offer personal time off
- Enroll in a comprehensive group insurance plan and an employer-contributed retirement plan
- We reimburse annual membership fees to recognized professional bodies
- We have an active social club that organizes a variety of activities
- Employee referral bonuses
- Dana TM4 shuttle service from Longueuil metro