Team leader, performance tests (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Would you like to contribute to the development of Powertrain?
As a Performance Test Team Lead, you will be responsible to coordinate the performance testing activities of TM4 systems. You will also be responsible to define the technical direction for efficiency improvement. You will be a member of the validation department which ensures that systems comply with technical specifications.
- Responsible for the performance testing of the Motor-Inverter systems through the operation of test benches (continuous performance, maximum torque and power, etc.)
- Responsible for managing the performance team (10 members): test engineers and test technicians
- Manage a multi-shift team (day, evening and weekend)
- Work closely with the lab scheduler to meet deadlines and ensure optimal use of resources
- Responsible for monitoring and improving laboratory KPIs (on-time delivery (OTD) and uptime)
- Outsource tests to external laboratories
- Develop and implement automation strategy and improve automated testing
- Review test reports, oversee troubleshooting/investigation during performance testing
- Select and purchase equipment, as well as oversee the installation of new test stands (acquisition system and chassis dynamometer)
- Responsible for the development of performance testing capabilities at satellite sites (China, India)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Software or equivalent experience
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant experience in acquisition and control system operations
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience in team management
- Effective communication, interpersonal, influencing and team-building skills
- Political acumen and ability to influence decisions with company management
- Relevant experience in Change Management (asset)
- Good knowledge of NI systems (National Instruments)
- Demonstrated experience with validation tools such as VectorCast, Teststand, REPS, LabVIEW (asset)
- Experience with electric propulsion systems (asset)
- Curious and autonomous
- Rigorous and respectful of deadlines
- Bilingual: French and English, (spoken and written)
Why taking part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We stand out because of the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- Because we have flexible working hours and offer the possibility of summer schedule
- We offer the TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Because our social club organizes a wide variety of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, barbecues, 5@7, comedy night, etc.