Motor Control Engineer (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
As an active member of the DANA TM4 software team in Boucherville, you will work in collaboration with the product development teams. You will participate in the implementation and validation of new functionalities in our electric propulsion systems for the electric vehicles of tomorrow. You will be the reference person for all important technical aspects of existing products and those under development.
- Responsible for the development of control algorithms for motors, generators, chargers or vehicles
- Responsible for power electronics simulations;
- Support the people involved in the realization of pre-project analysis simulations and the definition of risks related to its implementation;
- Be actively involved in the proposal and realization of innovation activities in order to improve our products (Performance, Reliability, Safety, etc.)
- Be informed and perform analysis on competitors and similar technologies in order to better define our advantages and points of improvement;
- Supervise engineers, technicians, interns/students in activities related to control algorithms (task definition, implementation, testing…);
- Analyze, propose and implement more efficient work methods;
- Document his work according to the processes in place;
- All other related tasks.
- Master or Doctorate in Electrical Engineering. Specialized in electrical machine control, charger or any field related to power electronics
- Demonstrated experience with Matlab/Simulink
- Relevant publications related to power electronics and control
- Experience in embedded C for motor control applications
- Member of the OIQ
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in rotating machine control and power electronics
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We stand out for the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility of summer hours
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Our social club organizes a multitude of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, barbecues, dessert club, 5@7, comedy night, etc.