HR Senior Business Partner (Laval)
Laval, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Plug in your career and be part of our driving force!
Join us in the development and advancement of clean, efficient, and effective technology and contribute to the growth of transportation electrification.
Dana TM4 is a company whose primary mission is the electrification of transportation. We are recognized worldwide for our high-tech products. We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based company that encourages creativity and innovation. We believe that challenges are interesting and constantly renewed and that we can all personally make a difference.
Are you passionate about the team member and candidate experience? Like solving big, complex, problems at scale? Not afraid to try something that’s never been done before? And looking to work with others who believe in continuous improvement?
Your mandate: revolutionize the world of transportation, while:
- Being the HR support for electrification engineering facility as well as supporting strategic initiatives related to electrification and engineering organizations globally.
- Collaborating and working through integration process and activities for acquired facility. This will involve harmonization of policies, benefits, and processes as well as leading change management efforts for cultural and organizational alignment.
- Leading workstreams on global talent acquisition, talent analytics, and career development initiatives for high growth areas.
- Leading all aspects of recruiting including job descriptions, job requisition, interview set up, interviewing, making offers and onboarding of key associates, while driving diversity within areas
- Working closely with leads in functional areas to drive appropriate organizational design based on business needs and cycles
- Ensuring both the needs of the business and the needs of the people are met while driving Company’s standardized processes
- Working collaboratively with other HR leads to ensure alignment process to region
- Supporting performance and merit planning for assigned organization, ensuring all timelines are effectively met and the process is appropriately administered. Ensuring all goal setting and reviews are completed on a timely basis.
- Supporting Annual Incentive Plan validation for all functions
- Supporting annual talent review (succession management process) and follow-up to ensure development actions are effectively completed
- Ensuring both the needs of the business and the needs of the people are met while driving Company’s standardized processes into the facility.
- Updating and maintaining organizational charts and organizational announcements
- Managing EC updates and Headcount reporting
- Analyzing HR metrics and creating and implementing action plans based on those metrics in line with Function and/or business objectives.
- Proactively managing employee issues, including leaves, attendance, ethics points and all other employee-related issues requiring HR involvement. Ensuring that performance issues are appropriately documented and monitored
- Providing support for key corporate initiatives including engagement survey administration and feedback, corporate HR process teams, and special projects
- Supporting/completing AAP and EEOC reporting for all groups
- Working on special projects as assigned
- Any other related tasks
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development, or related field required.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources and/or HR Business Partner roles.
- Ability to work with Senior Leaders on critical people related issues, exerting influence and knowledge to assist with appropriate decision making.
- Ability to collaborate and with other functions within Human Resources, on development of programs and policies such as career ladders, hiring processes, job title harmonization, development planning, and early career programs.
- Knowledgeable in Quebec employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training.
- Strong emphasis on HR systems reporting; emphasis on SAP, Success Factors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build relationships with all functions and levels across the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with people at all levels within and outside Dana in a professional manner.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including ability to identify and resolve issues and challenges.
- Ability to multi-task effectively on projects and assignments
- Strong organization, scheduling and facilitation skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- A team player, who is both flexible and creative in their approach to problem solving
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills required in both French and English
Extras that feel good:
- Take advantage of having flexible work hours
- We also offer personal time off
- Enroll in a comprehensive group insurance plan and an employer-contributed retirement plan
- We reimburse annual membership fees to recognized professional bodies
- We have an active social club that organizes a variety of activities
- Employee referral bonuses
- Dana TM4 shuttle service from Longueuil metro