Traction Motor Design Engineer (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertain!
As a Traction Motor design engineer, you will be an active member of the magnetic design team for electric motors. You will be at the forefront of designing state of the art traction motors and supporting the design prototyping and analysis of electric motors. Your role will essentially be to design concept motor topology, model electromagnetics, run analysis 2D and 3D , conduct optimization to meet the requirements and run FEA design verification against the requirement.
- Specification, FEA design and analysis of advanced traction motors
- Perform motor electromagnetic and performance optimization.
- Perform motor NVH analysis and develop NVH reduction remedies
- Perform worst case analysis and implement design for manufacturing best practices
- Assist characterization, parameter estimation, tuning and calibration of motor system on dyno.
- Develop testing plans to validate motor electromagnetic and thermal designs including performance and durability.
- Meet Timing, Cost, Quality, and Performance (Requirements)
- Validates design by FEA simulation to assure it meets specification
- Coordinates the testing and validation of product designs; gains prototype and part approval.
- Engineering Master Degree required, PhD degree in motor design is preferred
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec
- 2 plus years of experience with Motor design for electrification/hybridization of passenger cars or commercial vehicles
- 3+ years of experience in electric machine modeling, design, analysis and manufacturing
- Solid understanding of various types of electric machines, dynamic modeling, parameter estimation, and advanced control.
- Experience in the design and analysis of high power density permanent-magnet motors, switched reluctance motors and induction motors.
- Knowledgeable in state-of-the-art manufacturing methods of electric machines and relevant global supply chain.
- Knowledge of motors sub-component , position sensors, magnets, bearings, shafts, housings , …etc
- Familiarity with Invertor architectures for automotive applications.
- Knowledge of motor control algorithms (i.e. FOC, VFD, DTC, etc.) and their implementation into embedded software including strategies for sensor less controls.
- Familiarity developing a product from concept to production.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of functional safety (ISO 26262).
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec SME that fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We are distinguished by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility to benefit from a summer schedule.
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueil metro station
- Our Social Club organizes a variety of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, Dessert Club barbecues, 5@7, comedy night, etc