Tooling Designer (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Plug in your career and be part of our driving force!
Join us in the development and advancement of clean, efficient, and effective technology and contribute to the growth of transportation electrification.
Dana TM4 is a company whose primary mission is the electrification of transportation. We are recognized worldwide for our high-tech products. We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based company that encourages creativity and innovation. We believe that challenges are interesting and constantly renewed and that we can all personally make a difference.
As a Tooling Designer, you will be responsible for designing manufacturing tooling for the assembly of Dana TM4 systems. You will also be responsible for setting up the optimal conditions for the realization of products, through the design of new tools and the selection of industrial tools and equipment. You will also be responsible for continuous improvement, health and safety, and the optimization of internal processes.
Your mandate: to revolutionize the world of transportation, while:
- Designing prototyping and production tooling: technical design, drawing, quotations, procurement, technical follow-up with suppliers, launching and validation
- Identifying equipment and tooling requirements to meet production, prototyping and quality control objectives
- Participating in the writing of specifications and analysis of bids for new equipment
- Proposing technical solutions to system assembly and control issues, in coordination with the prototyping, production and engineering teams
- Participating in the development, analysis and improvement of work methods and quality control
- Handling non-conformances in production/inspection
- Providing technical support for prototyping and production
- Any other related tasks
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- DEC in mechanical engineering
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in the design of mechanical parts and assemblies
- Mastery of 3D design software (NX an asset)
- Experience in equipment adaptation and improvement (an asset)
- Experience in an ISO work environment
- Autonomy, initiative and organizational skills
- Comfortable working in a changing and growing environment
- Very good written French and knowledge of English, spoken and written
Extras that feel good:
- Take advantage of having flexible work hours
- We also offer personal time off
- Enroll in a comprehensive group insurance plan and an employer-contributed retirement plan
- We reimburse annual membership fees to recognized professional bodies
- We have an active social club that organizes a variety of activities
- Employee referral bonuses
- Dana TM4 shuttle service from Longueuil metro