Thermal Engineer (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
As a thermal analyst/engineer, you will be an active member of the mechanical analysis team. Your role will be focused on, but not limited to, ensuring that the products (motor and power electronics) meet the thermal requirements. You will be involved in all phases of our product development cycle and in continuous improvement activities. You will also support the engineering test and validation teams.
- Carry out finite element thermal analysis of electric motors, inverters, and other power electronics
- Give design recommendations, perform trade off studies and sensitivity analyses
- Collaborate with the other teams to develop and optimize products with respect to performance, efficiency, cost, manufacturability, and reliability goals.
- Support the design teams during the continuous improvement phases.
- All other related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, master or PhD is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in steady state and transient thermal finite element analysis in a manufacturing company, experience in coupled thermal/flow (CFD) is a plus
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)
- Relevant experience in simulation of electric motors is a plus, as well as experience in the automotive industry
- Good knowledge of electrodynamic systems
- Good knowledge of mechanical modeling software (NX from Siemens is a plus)
- Experience with system simulation software such as MATLAB Simulink is a plus
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and with complex matrix-structured organizations
- Good communicator, collaborator, and problem solver.
- High attention to detail, taking accountability for your work
- Focused on quality
- Fluency in French and English (spoken and written)
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We stand out for the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We offer the DanaTM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Our social club organizes a multitude of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, dessert club, barbecues, 5@7, comedy night, etc.