Technical lead – Embedded Software
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Do you want to contribute to the growth of Powertrain?
As Technical Lead – Embedded Software, you will be an active member of Dana TM4’s software team in Boucherville and work closely with the product development teams. You will take part in the implementation and validation of new functionality in our electric propulsion systems designed for electric vehicles of the future. You will be the point of contact as regards major technical aspects, for the support of both existing products, and new products being developed.
- Analyze, design, develop and encode software in accordance with the methodology and standards followed by Dana TM4 and the automotive industry
- Help in the development and formal testing phases of the software development life cycle
- Actively participate in the development of products’ software architecture
- Participate in the implementation and maintenance of the software group’s development solutions and infrastructure (Build chain, Continuous Integration, Deployment, etc.)
- Actively take part in the implementation and maintenance of the software group’s automated testing solutions infrastructure (MIL, SIL, PIL, HIL, etc.)
- Actively participate in the planning and implementation of new technology (FOTA, Cybersecurity, etc.)
- Participate in the writing of software requirements and design documentation
- Help in technical and quality problem solving exercises
- Take part in the technical review of the work carried out by members of the team
- Participate in the writing/review of software development processes
- Work on assessing required resources for the completion of projects, collaboratively with project managers
- Represent the company as technical lead at client meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant experience in software development
- Proficiency in C/C++ embedded systems
- Essential: strong knowledge of C#, Python
- Essential: strong knowledge of ASPICE, MISRA, ISO26262 standards
- Essential: strong knowledge of TI Hercules microcontrollers, Infineon Aurix, ARM processors
- Essential: strong knowledge of “low level interrupt handling code & device drivers” development
- Knowledge of software development tools e.g.: Enterprise Architect, CodeComposerStudio, VisualStudio, Polarion, JIRA, Vector tools (CANAlyzer, CANoe, etc.), Mathlab/Simulink
- Proficiency in Continous Integration/Deployment software development tools: GIT, Azure DevOps, Atlassian tools, GoogleTest, VectorCast, CMake, Artifactory, Linux
- Ability to use oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and debuggers for the design and validation testing of embedded systems
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to communicate and work within an international matrix environment
- Knowledge of the Agile methodology
- Curious & autonomous
- Rigorous and skilled at meeting deadlines
- Bilingual, French and English, (spoken and written)
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration.
- We distinguish ourselves by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team.
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility to benefit from a summer schedule.
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station.
- Our Social Club organizes a multitude of varied activities: racing club, Oktoberfest, mechoui, 5 @ 7, humor evening, etc.