Team leader, technical support engineering (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
As a Team Leader, technical support engineering, you are responsible for organizing and directing customer technical support activities as well as certain development activities. You will be the leader of a multidisciplinary application engineering team composed of software, electrical and mechanical engineers.
Your team is an integral part of all sales stages: technical definition of projects with pre-sale customers, management of technical exchanges between the customer and local development teams during the project and after-sales support when the customer encounters problems.
- Manage, coordinate, and actively contribute to all development and support activities of the team
- Act, in close collaboration with the sales teams, as technical sales manager
- Answer customer service calls and various technical requests
- Implement management tools and processes to manage the team and projects
- Coordinate communication between engineering teams and clients
- Coordinate the application and integration services of our products with team members and customers
- Manage communication between internal technical teams and clients during the bidding process
- Responsible of the elaboration of estimates and the communication of technical documents to the client
- Validate and advise customers on their mechanical, electrical and system integration
- Diagnose vehicle problems that may affect Dana TM4 products or the proper functioning of the system
- Make technical presentations at all levels of the client’s organization
Responsibility of your team
- Define customer requirements and deliverables at the beginning of projects
- Technical support for customers
- Plan, lead and conduct team meetings and program progress reviews
- Develop and maintain embedded software for client applications
- Develop and maintain diagnostic tools
- Develop and maintain the web platform serving as a portal for technical documentation, simulator, and other documentation
- Simulate customer applications to determine deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechatronics or equivalent combined with 7 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Leadership and communication skills
- Essential: Electronic/Electrical knowledge
- Knowledge of MATLAB or Simulink (asset)
- Able to fully understand the interrelationship between the electrical and software systems of a vehicle.
- Availability for travel, 25% of the time
- Bilingual, French, and English, (spoken and written)
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec SME that fosters creativity, innovation, and collaboration
- We are distinguished by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team.
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility of a summer schedule
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueil metro station
- Our Social Club organizes a multitude of varied activities: running club, Oktoberfest méchoui, dessert club, 5@7, comedy night, etc.