Team Leader, Application Engineering (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
As Team Leader, Application Engineering, you will be responsible for organizing and directing development activities and technical support to customers in North America. You will be the leader of an application engineering team composed of a dozen engineers with expertise in electrical, software and mechanical engineering.
Your team is integral to all stages of sales: technical definition of projects with pre-sales customers, management of technical exchanges between the customer and local development teams during the project and post-sales support when the customer encounters problems.
- Manage, coordinate and actively contribute to all development and support activities of your team
- Coordinate the application, adaptation and integration services of our products with team members and customers
- Act, in close collaboration with the sales team, as the technical sales manager
- Make technical presentations to all levels of the customer organization
- Manage communication between internal technical teams and clients during the bidding process
- Responsible for the preparation of quotations and the communication of technical documents to the customer
- Validate and advise customers on their mechanical, electrical and system integration
- Diagnose vehicle problems that may affect Dana TM4 products or system operation
- Respond to customer service calls and technical inquiries
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechatronics or equivalent combined with 7 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Leadership and communication skills
- Essential: Knowledge of electronics/electrical engineering
- Knowledge of Matlab or Simulink (asset)
- Able to understand the interrelation between the electrical systems and software of a vehicle
- Availability to travel, 25% of the time
- Bilingualism, French and English, (spoken and written)
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec SME that fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We are distinguished by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility to benefit from a summer schedule.
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueil metro station
- Our Social Club organizes a variety of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, Dessert Club, barbecues, 5@7, comedy night, etc