System Application Designer (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
Reporting to the head of the application engineering department, you will be responsible for supporting customers in their vehicle development. In this context, you will be responsible for managing engineering projects, requirements and test plans involving modifications (software, mechanical and electrical) to existing products.
- Participate in the development of bids and customer requirements and manage the design review process
- Assist customers in the selection of powertrain products and in the design of vehicles
- Perform vehicle performance simulations and work with other departments to develop new products to meet requirements
- Develop and maintain development schedules
- Create system/software requirements and develop test plans based on the required modifications
- Perform impact analysis of changes
- Maintain engineering documentation and FMEA related to changes
- Maintain and modify system documentation (specifications, technical data, requirements, etc.)
- Identify and resolve project issues using root cause analysis and applying the change process
- Act as the point of contact with customers or the project lead application engineer and internal teams during all phases of product development
- Diagnose vehicle problems related to the installation or operation of Dana products
- Support customers on site or remotely to perform commissioning or technical meetings
- Make technical presentations to all levels of the customer’s organization
- All other related tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechatronics or software engineering
- Five (5) years or more of relevant experience in systems engineering or similar
- Good knowledge of electrodynamic systems
- Knowledge of software and control systems
- Communication skills and ability to facilitate meetings
- Resourceful and autonomous
- Strong interest in teamwork
- Solution oriented
- Bilingualism, French and English, (spoken and written)
- Asset: Knowledge of Atlassian tools (Bit Bucket, JIRA, Confluence)
- Asset: Knowledge of Polarion Software
- Asset: Knowledge of embedded systems development processes (A-Spice or DO178)
- Asset: Knowledge of ISO26262 standard
- Available to travel up to 25% of the time
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec SME that fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We are distinguished by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility to benefit from a summer schedule.
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueil metro station
- Our Social Club organizes a variety of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, Dessert Club, barbecues, 5@7, comedy night, etc.