Sr. Systems Validation Specialist – Laval
Laval, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Do you want to contribute to the growth of Powertrain?
Dana is a global leader in drivetrain and e-Propulsion systems for car manufacturers (OEM) (FEO).
Join us to meet great technical challenges and be part of our Laval teams. You will help develop, design, validate and integrate new features in our electric propulsion systems for commercial electric vehicles used for freight transportation.
As Sr. Systems Validation Specialist you will work on our commercial vehicle EV Systems engineering team at our Laval, Quebec office. You will perform a critical role in developing and executing both system and vehicle level validation tests for electric vehicle and electrified powertrain product.
In this role, you will have an immediate cross functional impact on the Verification and Validation of integrated electrified solution in Dana’s commercial vehicle business unit.
- Work with vehicle systems and development engineering team to develop DVP&R (Design Verification Plan and Report) at system and vehicle levels of electric vehicle and propulsion systems
- Lead the development of validation requirements, validation procedures, validation test cases
- Manage the overall execution of DVP&R to support the program timing, and work with project manager and engineering team leads to prioritize test plans
- Support the development of acceptance criteria for system and vehicle level validation tests
- Document and track all issues discovered by validation testing activities and lead root cause analysis and issue resolution efforts, with the emphasis on system and vehicle level
- Correlate test data to vehicle level requirements to ensure vehicle electrical and controls systems meet targets and acceptance criteria at the vehicle level
- Support customer program PDS, BOM, DFMEA, DVP, ED&T, and support RFQ response.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- + 7 years of validation experience in automotive or commercial vehicle industry
- Essential : Strong background in high voltage propulsion systems, high or low voltage auxiliary systems, vehicle control systems, battery system and power distribution units
- Essential : Experience in development validation requirements, test plans and test procedures based on technical specifications at component, system and vehicle level
- Essential: Experience in execution of system and vehicle level DVP/Rs, design issues detection during validation testing and provide design improvement feedback to design teams
- Experience with Vector or other relevant CAN analysis tools
- Experienced with automotive environmental, electrical, EMI/EMC and durability validation, requirements, and standards
- Knowledge in regulations and safety requirements in automotive industry
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required (% of travel)
- Accomplished business leader with the ability to work successfully in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, think forward and drive results
- Proven excellent customer relationship management skills
- Ability to effectively coordinate a team
Why join our team?
- We are a vibrant, growing company which fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We are lucky enough to always have challenging projects to take part in!
- We stand out through our team’s multidisciplinary and multicultural nature
- We subscribe to a comprehensive group insurance plan and a retirement plan with employer contribution
- Our Social Club organizes a wide range of activities