Sr. Systems Engineer-Laval
Laval, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Dana is a global leader in drivetrain and e-Propulsion systems for car manufacturers (OEM) (FEO). Join us to meet great technical challenges and be part of our Laval teams.
As Sr. Systems Engineer you will support the development of integrated electrified powertrain & vehicle systems for the Commercial Vehicle Business Unit. You will interact with the client’s Engineering team to deliver a BEV that exceeds expectations in regard to BMS, powertrain, DC/DC, OBC, HVAC, cooling, brakes and power steering.
You will be involved from the development of systems architecture to the creating from scratch of simulation models, right through commissioning prototypes trucks. You can expect to lead the design & development of new and innovative electric vehicle system from concept to production with an emphasis on the electrified powertrain portfolio.
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
- Develop complete electric vehicle systems, subsystems, and components to improve and expand Dana’s EV product portfolio with a commitment to improving vehicle safety, performance, and fuel economy.
- Lead all vehicle-level system activities with a team of Systems Engineers on a specific OEM program, including vehicle-level feature definition with customer, requirements definition and coordinate with hardware and software teams to write lower-level requirements ensuring full-system definition and traceability
- Develop internal system test benches that duplicate the vehicle environment to provide system verification and root cause analysis of issues
- Collaborate closely with Validation Team to define test cases at component, system and vehicle level and ensure every requirement can be tested and traced.
- Collaborate with Vehicle Integration Team to ensure Dana instrumentation is integrated into vehicle or system benches and functioning per design
- Lead generation of all Engineering/Quality documentation (DFMEA, DVP&R, BD, PD, SDS, Functional Safety, etc.)
- Follow Stage Gate development processes to meet project goals, including budget, timing and quality of delivery. Document lessons learned and update One Dana procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Control Systems or related field required
- +3 years of experience in Electrified Powertrain or Electric Vehicle (EV)
- Experience in the automotive industry preferred; focus on systems engineering
- Multicore software development or system design experience in automotive (preferred)
- System related training or certifications (preferred)
- Ability to program data acquisition systems and perform calculation on databases
- Ability to multi-task effectively on projects and assignments
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills required in English. French knowledge.
- A team player, who is both flexible and creative in their approach to problem solving
Why join our team?
- We are a vibrant, growing company which fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We are lucky enough to always have challenging projects to take part in!
- We stand out through our team’s multidisciplinary and multicultural nature
- We subscribe to a comprehensive group insurance plan and a retirement plan with employer contribution
- Our Social Club organizes a wide range of activities