Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Laval, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Do you want to contribute to the growth of Powertrain?
Dana is a global leader in drivetrain and e-Propulsion systems for car manufacturers (OEM) (FEO). Join us to meet great technical challenges and be part of our Laval teams. You will help develop, design, validate and integrate new features in our electric propulsion systems for commercial electric vehicles used for freight transportation.
Role and responsibilities
As Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be an active member within the product development team. You will actively participate in the design, manufacturing and integration of the various systems of an electric truck at our Technical Center in Laval.
- Coordinate the design of on-board systems, structural elements, body elements or mechanical parts
- Defining the specifications of the systems to be designed
- Coordinating and validating FEA analysis activities and technical drawings
- Perform preliminary calculations and FEA for the solutions considered
- Support the product development team and monitor the development process (design review), respecting deadlines
- Propose improvements to enhance the design and manufacturing processes
- Provide technical support during the manufacturing and assembly of prototypes
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- + 7 years of experience in mechanical design of vehicles.
- Essential : Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Quebec (OIQ)
- Essential: Experience in 3D design and technical drawing (Solidworks and/or NX)
- Essential: Experience in finite element analysis and load case definition
- Experience in the design & development processes in automotive industry is an asset
- Good understanding of electromechanical systems
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, at all levels
- Bilingual – Fluent in both English and French
- Accomplished business leader with the ability to work successfully in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, think forward drive results
- Proven excellent customer relationship management skills
- Ability to effectively coordinate a team
Why join our team?
- We are a vibrant, growing company which fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We are lucky enough to always have challenging projects to take part in!
- We stand out through our team’s multidisciplinary and multicultural nature
- We subscribe to a comprehensive group insurance plan and a retirement plan with employer contribution
- Our Social Club organizes a wide range of activities