Sr. Electrical Engineer – Laval
Laval, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
Dana is a global leader in drivetrain and e-Propulsion systems for car manufacturers (OEM) (FEO). Join us to meet great technical challenges and be part of our Laval teams.
As Sr. Electrical Engineer, you will work on our commercial vehicle EV Systems engineering team.
- Electrical Design of the high voltage systems, powertrain, communications, and high and low voltage
- Coaching and technical support of other engineers and designers
- Requirements definitions for the components and support the components selection
- Developing validation plans for the designed systems and supplier parts
- Support the product development team and ensure the follow-up of the development process (design review), respecting deadlines
- Propose improvements to improve the design and manufacturing processes
- Provide technical support during the manufacturing and assembly of electric trucks
- Support PDS, BOM, DFMEA, DVP, ED&T and support RFQ response
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- + 7 years of experience in electrical design
- OIQ member
- Essential: Strong background in high voltage propulsion systems, high or low voltage auxiliary systems, vehicle control Essential: Experience in schematics designs
- Essential: Experience in Low voltage and /or in High voltage electrical design
- systems, battery system and power distribution units
- Experience with EPLAN electrical software (asset)
- Experience in the design & development processes in automotive industry (asset)
- Good understanding of electromechanical systems
- Experienced with automotive environmental, electrical, EMI/EMC & durability validation, requirements & standards
- Knowledge in regulations and safety requirements in the automotive industry
- Bilingual – Fluent in both English and French
Why join our team?
- We are a vibrant, growing company which fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We are lucky enough to always have challenging projects to take part in!
- We stand out through our team’s multidisciplinary and multicultural nature
- We subscribe to a comprehensive group insurance plan and a retirement plan with employer contribution
- Our Social Club organizes a wide range of activities