Software Test Designer (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Plug in your career and be part of our driving force!
Join us in the development and advancement of clean, efficient, and effective technology and contribute to the growth of transportation electrification.
Dana TM4 is a company whose primary mission is the electrification of transportation. We are recognized worldwide for our high-tech products. We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based company that encourages creativity and innovation. We believe that challenges are interesting and constantly renewed and that we can all personally make a difference.
As a Software Test Designer, you are an active member of the Verification and Validation (V&V) department team. You work closely with the product development teams.
Your mandate: revolutionize the world of transportation, while:
- Analyzing, developing and conducting test scripts, test cases according to the ASPICE/ISO 26262 methodology and standards
- Participating in various development and formal testing phases of the software development life cycle
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies (unit testing, integration testing, white box testing, black box testing)
- Writing software test reports and documentation for defects that occur
- Performing all software integration testing, qualification testing and regression testing
- Participating in the review of work provided by all team members
- Conducting technology watch to keep abreast of new testing tools and strategies
- Ensuring that test cases are created/revised for the requirements outlined in the current release plan
- Updating metrics after the test period
- Supporting and aligning cross-functional teams in development and system engineering, root cause analysis
- Instrumenting and testing applications
- Reviewing and recording any configuration changes to the test environment
- Coordinating and notifying all schedule changes with all parties involved
- Coordinating test resources
- Entering all notable information into the program test log. (e.g. bench problems, hardware)
- Any other related tasks
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum of five (5+) years of relevant experience in embedded software testing.
- Automotive communication tools (Vector Canape, CANalyzer/CANoe, & CANdella)
- Unit and integration testing tools (VectorCast, Python, & Bat scripting, Tessy)
- Knowledge of software validation tools, for example: Polarion, Matlab Tool Set
- Knowledge of Simulink Test
- Knowledge of PIL/C/C++ embedded systems
- Knowledge of ISO 26262, ASPICE standards and processes (an asset)
- Bilingual, English and French spoken and written
Extras that feel good:
- Take advantage of having flexible work hours
- We also offer personal time off
- Enroll in a comprehensive group insurance plan and an employer-contributed retirement plan
- We reimburse annual membership fees to recognized professional bodies
- We have an active social club that organizes a variety of activities
- Employee referral bonuses
- Dana TM4 shuttle service from Longueuil metro