Senior Manager, Engineering Project Management (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Plug in your career and be part of our driving force!
Join us in the development and advancement of clean, efficient, and effective technology and contribute to the growth of transportation electrification.
Dana TM4 is a company whose primary mission is the electrification of transportation. We are recognized worldwide for our high-tech products. We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based company that encourages creativity and innovation. We believe that challenges are interesting and constantly renewed and that we can all personally make a difference.
The Senior Manager, Engineering Project Management will lead the engineering efforts of major projects in electrification. The individual will be responsible for delivering the solution and for controlling all the engineering and prototyping aspects of the project, including schedule, quality, and costs. This individual will have the ability to work in a dynamic environment with challenging deadlines. The job responsibilities will be very varied as it will touch many aspects of the growing Electrification group and will include some of the following responsibilities but not limited to.
Your mandate: revolutionize the world of transportation, while:
- Providing primary managerial and administrative oversight of Global Engineering Project Management team.
- Being responsible for all project development schedules and execution to meet program milestones, gate deliverables, and customer expectations.
- Leading execution of One Dana Mechatronics System ODMS, tools and processes
- Implementing enhancements to project management procedures and processes at Dana through continuous improvement and lean efforts.
- Being responsible as lead/support of Electrification Advanced Portfolio, RFQ/RFI Planning and execution, department financial planning, etc.
- Developing, implementing, and promoting Agile best practices and standards across the enterprise and Agile teams including but not limited to software.
- Ensuring projects follow Software and System ASPICE process, Hardware functional safety requirements, creates and maintains require documentations.
- Leading and continuously assessing EPM team in terms of resource planning, resource management and execution.
- Supporting the EPM team to ensure that project targets are met, and that adherence to the customer specification is attained.
- Leading internal engineering project reviews including cost, timing, scope, and risks/issue status.
- Ensuring design robustness by assuring reviews are completed on time and act as a gate reviewer and approver.
- Applying multiple engineering project management methods and skills to tailor the execution of projects of varying scopes and implementation plans.
- Effectively communicating and escalating with internal and external stakeholders to maintain awareness of project scope, milestones, risks, and issues.
- Driving performance development through coaching, recognition with the overall intent of improving overall team engagement.
- Any other related tasks.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering and minimum of 15 years of experience in product development with 5 years of direct experience in program or engineering technical project management function.
- Minimum 5 years in directly managing team of greater than five members. Global direct leadership experience preferred.
- Must have strong working knowledge of software, hardware and mechanical core components and process development steps. Direct experience in Motor and Inverter strongly preferred.
- Cross functional product and manufacturing process experience, direct customer, quality, firmware, mechanical, systems experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience within relevant development tools and processes, e.g., Design, CAE, ASPICE, CMMI, Agile, PDP, etc.
- Experience with product development life cycle, stage gate process, or other product development processes, and tools, DVP, DFMEA, root cause analysis, …etc.
- Accomplished business leader with the ability to work successfully in a matrix environment.
- Experience with Agile and scrum experience will be a definite plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Effective listener and communicator.
- Proficient analytical and technical skills Microsoft Office; PowerPoint, Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and think forward
- Able to effectively interface with other disciplines in the organization to achieve result
- Demonstrated ability to drive results
Extras that feel good:
- Take advantage of having flexible work hours
- We also offer personal time off
- Enroll in a comprehensive group insurance plan and an employer-contributed retirement plan
- We reimburse annual membership fees to recognized professional bodies
- We have an active social club that organizes a variety of activities
- Employee referral bonuses
- Dana TM4 shuttle service from Longueuil metro