Senior IT Operation Analyst (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the growth of Powertrain!
The Senior IT Operation Analyst is responsible for providing single point of ownership for IT customer issues at the plant and expertise in the implementation of business plans and the achievement of unit objectives. As such, they will work to provide local desktop and network support and act as a liaison among the stakeholders to understand the structure, policies, and operations of the organization, supplier, and customer, and to provide solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Identify and recommend ideas to improve the product group competitive advantage through a comprehensive understanding of operations, challenges, and external environment factors.
- Responsible for facilitating clear understanding of all business processes, goals, and drivers to effectively define system, process, and training solutions.
- Develop functional requirements to solutions and changes to business processes, policies, and information systems.
- Direct desktop hardware & software support to 361 users, 38 shop floor printers, 31 Cellphones and 146 wireless scanners.
- Support of the Shop Floor system (iGear)
- Interconnectivity with the PLC platform
- Management of local server backup tapes.
- Indirect (local hands-on) support to Cisco LAN, WLAN and VoIP phone networks. Primary support is provided by the Corporate Network Team in Maumee.
- Support to major roll-out projects of Windows 10 and Office 365 2016 upgrades, annual PC hardware refresh and a Local Area Network refresh.
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science or Business
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Essential: Good knowledge of: Dell hardware, Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365, Symantec Antivirus, Skype for Business, Checkpoint Remote Access, Altiris, Microsoft WSUS, Windows Server 2008, Backup Exec, connecting devices to Wi-Fi, working with Help Desk software
- Business financial skills; knows how to use and interpret metrics such as NPV, ROI, and IRR; knows how to develop and interpret IT investment business cases (understands inputs and outputs)
- Knowledge and experience with the integration between PLCs and Shop Floor Systems
- Strong technology acumen; familiar with key concepts around data, applications and infrastructure
- Strong process design skills; knows how to apply process analysis and design tools and techniques
- Project management skills; ability to multi-task and keep all projects on schedule
- Stakeholder management skills; excellent relationships with business stakeholders
- People management skills; good relationships with team members
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; attention to detail
- “LEAN” skills; familiar with concepts of Toyota Production System, Kaizen
- Windows 7 & Windows 10
- Office 365 2013 & 2016
- Basic data, VoIP & Wi-Fi networking
- Excellent presentation skills; good written and verbal skills in English and French
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based SME that promotes creativity, innovation, and collaboration
- We are distinguished by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility of summer hours
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Our social club organizes a multitude of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, Mechoui, dessert club, 5@7, comedy night, etc.