Senior Engineer, Mechanical Analysis (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Plug in your career and be part of our driving force!
Join us in the development and advancement of clean, efficient, and effective technology and contribute to the growth of transportation electrification.
Dana TM4 is a company whose primary mission is the electrification of transportation. We are recognized worldwide for our high-tech products. We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based company that encourages creativity and innovation. We believe that challenges are interesting and constantly renewed and that we can all personally make a difference.
As a senior mechanical engineer, finite element analysis (FEA), you will be an active member of the mechanical analysis team. Your role will be to ensure that the products (motor and inverters) meet the vibratory, durability and noise requirements. You will be involved in all phases of our product development cycle and in continuous improvement activities. You will also support the test, production, and industrialization teams.
Your mandate: revolutionize the world of transportation, while:
- Carrying out finite element studies and documentations (stresses, durability, sinusoidal vibration, random vibration, shock and acoustic)
- Collaborating with design teams to develop and optimize products
- Conducting investigation to resolve technical issues
- Carrying out experimental measurements and correlation work to improve FE models
- Defining test procedures to validate design requirements
- Reviewing documentation and drawings
- Supporting the tooling and validation teams in mandates related to product development
- Supporting discussion with customers and consultants
- Supervising junior members of the mechanical analysis team
- Any other related tasks
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master is an asset
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in mechanical FEA
- Essential: Member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec (OIQ)
- Essential: Good knowledge in the field of FEA
- Experience in fields such as: modal behavior, metal fatigue, random vibrations, sine vibrations, shock, and bolted joints.
- Experience to investigate technical problems
- Good capability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Good knowledge of mechanical analysis software (Ansys workbench, Hypermesh/Optistruct, MSC Nastran)
- Good understanding of mechanical modeling software (Siemens NX)
- Some knowledge of experimental measurements in the related fields
- Asset: Experience of electric motors
- Asset: Experience of rotating machine vibrations and diagnostics
- Asset: Knowledge of reliability concepts
- Asset: Knowledge in Multiphysics analysis
- Functional French & English (spoken and written)
Extras that feel good:
- Take advantage of having flexible work hours
- We also offer personal time off
- Enroll in a comprehensive group insurance plan and an employer-contributed retirement plan
- We reimburse annual membership fees to recognized professional bodies
- We have an active social club that organizes a variety of activities
- Employee referral bonuses
- Dana TM4 shuttle service from Longueuil metro