Chudleigh, UK — Permanent, Full-time
Purpose: To ensure bought out part (BOP) compliance, through initial PPAP submissions and sample receiving inspection.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct Quality Inspections of parts as required, in accordance with the QA Parts Checking Process.
- Maintain Calibration of measuring and test equipment and liaise with external calibration providers.
- Evaluate supplier PPAP submissions and raise any non-conformities with the Quality Manager.
- Work to resolve and close out supplier issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply, by evaluating supplier Corrective Action and 8D Reports and making accept/reject recommendations to the Quality Manager.
- Support Production Engineering where part measurement is requested
- Maintain and update the Supplier Quality Rating Database.
- Work with Purchasing to ensure that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented.
- At least 5 years of experience in an inspection metrology environment.
- Experience in the use of a CMM.
- Computer literate.
- Strong understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes.
- Good knowledge of geometrical tolerancing.
- An analytical/systematic, practical approach.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to work closely with other departments.
- Experience of dealing and communicating with suppliers.
- Desirable: A combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required skills for this position.
- Desirable: Knowledge of the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and 8D problem resolution.
- Accountability: Being accountable and passing on accountability for one’s own actions and those of colleagues and the organization.
- Attention To Detail: The ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently.
- Focus on Quality: Setting high quality standards and striving for continuous improvement and quality assurance.
- Integrity: Adherence to the standards, values and rules of conduct associated with one’s position and the culture in which one operates. Being incorruptible.
- Problem Analysis: The ability to detect problems, recognize important information, and link various data; to trace potential causes and look for relevant details.
- Attention to Detail, Planning & Organising
- Customer Orientation
- Initiative & Insight
- Sense of humour