Prototyping Technician (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Plug in your career and be part of our driving force!
Join us in the development and advancement of clean, efficient, and effective technology and contribute to the growth of transportation electrification.
Dana TM4 is a company whose primary mission is the electrification of transportation. We are recognized worldwide for our high-tech products. We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based company that encourages creativity and innovation. We believe that challenges are interesting and constantly renewed and that we can all personally make a difference.
As a prototyping technician your role will be to perform assemblies on various motors. You will be a member of the electric motor manufacturing team, which ensures that products are delivered in compliance with the industry’s high-quality standards.
Your mandate: revolutionize the world of transportation, while:
- Assembling prototype motors, generators and other systems
- Interpreting mechanical drawings and assembly instructions
- Setting up and operating prototype manufacturing equipment
- Knowing all the critical quality points during the manufacturing process, identifying and treating non-conformities of the prototypes
- Providing hands-on training to assemblers on the various production workstations
- Providing technical support to assemblers
- Participating in the development and improvement of production work methods
- Supporting all other production activities, including assembly
- All other related tasks.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- DEC in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering or related training
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in reading blueprints
- Practical experience in mechanics and knowledge of common tools (e.g. torque wrench)
- Resourcefulness and autonomy
- Minutia, precision and rigor
- Organizational skills and ability to manage priorities
- Team spirit and collaboration
- Ability to work in a changing and growing environment
- French (spoken and written)
Extras that feel good:
- Take advantage of having flexible work hours
- We also offer personal time off
- Enroll in a comprehensive group insurance plan and an employer-contributed retirement plan
- We reimburse annual membership fees to recognized professional bodies
- We have an active social club that organizes a variety of activities
- Employee referral bonuses
- Dana TM4 shuttle service from Longueuil metro