Prototyping Manager (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of the powertrain!
As a Prototyping Manager you will supervise a team of Prototyping professionals (Prototyping Project Manager, Prototype Buyer, Methods Technicians, Tooling Designers, Stator Specialist and Bom Specialist) by directing the coordination of all activities associated with the procurement of material and support of motors and electronic products assembly. Activity details including but not limited to the list below.
- Prototype part procurement and processing with suppliers of varied commodities and process capabilities.
- Work with Prototype Buyers and suppliers to communicate Quality Expectations and data requirements
- Work with Tooling Designers to identify assembly tooling needs and procurement of assembly tooling
- Utilization of Dana MRP System in support of Purchase Requirements (Purchase Requisitions), build Requirements (Bill of Material creation, Work Order creation), Orders to follow
- Support and execution of Dana Operating System (DOS) Objectives and Operation KPI
- Provide technical direction, definition and coordination of resources needed to fulfill timing requirements.
- Oversee and coordinate the completion of Samples department projects
- Team Members Supervision, including annual reviews, development of training plans, and personnel development needed to improve processes, internal and supplier quality level, supplier utilization and optimization.
- Train new and existing staff. Includes the documentation of process improvements and additions.
- Develop supply base. Development will include the identification of supplier improvement needs and facilitation of improvement activity. Development will also include an assessment of commodity sourcing alternatives and needs for strengthening or adding to the existing supply base.
- Interface with all Engineering disciplines including: Test, Quality, MP&L, Engineering, Programs Managers, Manufacturing/Assembly as well as external customers as required.
- Coordinate PPM activities with the Assembly team to best support Customer Shipment requirements and Internal Testing Schedules.
- Actively support and lead their team in DOS (Dana Operating Systems) activities which includes 5S, Safety, Quality, Process improvements to maximize productivity, and cost reduction.
- Support and active involvement in department improvement initiatives.
- Perform other assigned duties incidental to the occupation.
- Bachelor degree required (BMSE preferred) or equivalent experience.
- 2 or more years of experience in a Professional Engineering environment
- Experience with Prototype processes and procedures in a related industry
- A high level of computer application literacy
- Must have proven leadership capabilities and possess good interpersonal skills
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle MRP System or other MRP Systems and Team Center PLM
- Experience in Motors or Electronics Products engineering or related field is preferred.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude, problem solving skills, and analytical ability.
- Requires exceptional communication skills (oral, written, and presentation) and people skills.
- Willing and able to work excess hours when necessary.
- Must have high level of mechanical aptitude and strong “hands-on” background
- Must be highly self-motivated.
- Periodic Travel maybe required.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- DOS (Dana Operating System) experience a plus
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We stand out for the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We offer the DanaTM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Our social club organizes a multitude of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, dessert club, barbecues, 5@7, comedy night, etc.