Prototype Buyer (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
As a Prototype Buyer, you are an active member of the project team at the operations level. You are responsible for purchasing parts for new product prototypes in accordance with delivery and quality objectives.
- Support the sourcing activities in the prototype phase (participate in project meetings, supplier meetings, technical reviews…)
- Support the supplier selection process
- Ensure that the selection of suppliers respects the objectives: budgets (tooling, costs…), delivery dates, quality requirements for the material purchased and processes
- Develop new suppliers
- Participate in meetings with Dana Global Purchasing
- Utilize AX ERP system to support purchasing needs
- Find appropriate solutions to resolve procurement related issues
- Participate in project risk assessment
- Participate in the continuous improvement process to contribute to the efficiency of the company and the evolution of the profession
- Lead the procurement and qualification of new products/suppliers for projects
- Create and manage positive relationships with critical suppliers and develop key relationships with various product categories
- Participate in the development and monitoring of performance indicators with stakeholders
- Ensure that acquisition cost reduction targets are met by tracking performance indicators and making adjustments
- Assist and participate in project kick-offs
- Collaborate in the management of non-conformances and returns to suppliers
- Perform all other related tasks required by the position
- Bachelor’s degree in business development, engineering, manufacturing or finance required. Master’s degree or MBA an asset.
- At least 5 years of purchasing experience, including contract and program execution, automotive or electronics experience a plus.
- Experience in identifying, researching and analyzing changing business trends, market conditions, commodity price trends, labor market changes and competitive information.
- Project management experience an asset
- Good organizational / prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to interpret component and assembly drawings and technical specifications
- Good understanding of GD&T (geometric and dimensional tolerances)
- Mastery of computer systems including Excel
- Good knowledge of an ERP system (ex: Microsoft AX)
- Tolerance to ambiguity
- Autonomy and proactivity
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- Fluency in French and English (spoken and written)
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We stand out for the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility of summer hours
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Our social club organizes a multitude of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, barbecues, dessert club, 5@7, comedy night, etc.