Project Quality Engineer (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of the electrification of transport!
The Project Quality Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the overall quality and Projects deliverables; including internal/external customer deliverables, accomplished through hands on design quality checks, project audits, implementing project quality initiatives and tracking quality metrics. In this role, you will use your experience and expertise to solve problems, develop & execute project quality objectives and short and long-term business goals.
- Develop and implement quality control and quality assurance standards for all DANA TM4 engineering projects
- Lead an integrated quality methodology, process and documentations to improve the productivity and customer satisfaction (internal and external)
- Support the organization in the certification and follow-up audits IATF 16949 and ISO 9001
- Recognize potential gaps in design processes and develop corrective actions to reduce defects
- Manage key technical quality issues claimed by customers or identified internally
- Perform RCA (Root Cause Analysis), suggest corrective actions and ensure implementation in collaboration with teams
- Lead, operate and implement project quality methods, procedures and initiatives, including IATF 16949 and ISO9001 requirements to improve key performance indicators
- Be interface between internal and external teams and support organizations (certification bodies, external business units at DANA TM4 Boucherville) to improve quality performance
- Maintain the sharing of lessons learned and ensure solutions implementation in case are applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited university
- Minimum of 3 years of design or related experience in design and Minimum of 5 years in a quality role
- Effective communication, interpersonal, influencing and facilitation skills
- Capable to present ideas to stakeholders in order to influence and build credibility with engineering teams
- Strong business acumen, fully understands the mission and scope of business objectives
- Knowledge and experiences in ISO 9001, IATF 16949, APQP and/or Project Stage Gates processes.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified and Knowledge of lean quality concepts and tools (Asset)
- Ability and willingness to travel, including international travel
- Excellent personal computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office Suite of tools
- Familiarity with CAP (Change Acceleration Processes)
- Professional presence in front of customer with demonstrated commercial experience (i.e., Project Management)
- Bilingualism, French and English, both oral and written
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing entity that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration.
- We distinguish ourselves by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility to benefit from a summer schedule.
- We offer the DANA TM4 TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station.
- Our Social Club organizes a multitude of varied activities: racing club, Oktoberfest, barbecues, 5 @ 7, humor evening, etc.