Project Manager, Clients Support & Integration (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the growth of Powertrain!
Reporting to the Head of the Application Engineering Department, you will be responsible for supporting customers in their vehicle development. In this context, you will be responsible for managing engineering projects (up to $250,000 engineering budget) involving modifications (software, mechanical and electrical) to existing products.
You will lead a matrix team in the planning and execution of these projects from submission to production launch.
Finally, you will also be the technical resource assigned to assist customers with component selection, to perform product commissioning and to support problem analysis and diagnosis.
In the context of Project Management:
- Develop specifications and the define requirements
- Plan and manage all budgets and costs associated with the program and adhere to the pro forma program (business case)
- Plan, lead and conduct team meetings and program progress reviews based on the defined process which includes direct leadership from functional disciplines such as engineering, quality, operations and purchasing
- Develop and maintain project schedules as agreed upon between internal/external customers and Dana TM4
- Identify and resolve project issues, using systemic root cause analysis and provide a robust process for change management
- Be the liaison with internal/external customers on program issues, including participation in their meetings
- Manage communication and document exchange between internal technical teams and clients
- Validate and advise customers on their mechanical, electrical and system integration
- Diagnose vehicle problems that may affect Dana TM4 products or vehicle operation
- Make technical presentations to all levels of the customer organization
- Assist customers in the selection of Dana TM4 products and the design of vehicles using our products
- Work with customers to define control strategies taking into account passenger safety and current standards
- Simulate customer applications to determine if requirements are met
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent combined with 3 to 5 years experience in a similar field
- Dedication to providing outstanding customer service and demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Problem solving oriented
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to understand the interrelationship between vehicle electrical systems and software
- Bilingualism, spoken and written is essential, Mandarin (asset)
- Availability to travel (25% of the time)
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We stand out for the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility of summer hours
- We offer the TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Our social club organizes a variety of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, mechoui, dessert club, 5@7, comedy night, etc.