Project Lead, product life cycle (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
As an active member of the engineering and product development team, you work in an agile environment with the product development, validation and marketing teams. You participate in the design, validation and implementation of new functionalities in our electric propulsion systems for tomorrow’s electric vehicles.
- Coordinate technical support for customer requests and operations for motor and high-voltage inverter products (MV and HV)
- Support the 8D process for the investigation of customer problems (including RCA (root cause analysis) and the implementation of corrective actions).
- Define and implement technical solutions to correct customer problems on products in production
- Responsible for the follow-up of corrective actions assigned to the engineering and product development team for its files
- Participate in feedback (ReX) activities with the validation group and the product development group
- Active member of the engineering and continuous improvement support team (including Values Added – Values Engineering (VA/VE), DFM, Kaizen and other activities)
- Support the change process (CR) and the committees managing the activities of this process
- Participate in the evaluation of budgets for product improvement projects under his responsibility (ED&T)
- Participate actively in the planning of improvements and maintenance of active products (hardware and software)
- Develop an overview of product integrations throughout the product lifecycle
- Interact with other product development teams (software, mechanical, sales & marketing, remote satellite site)
- Participate in the implementation and updating of engineering and product development processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
- Member of the OIQ, an asset
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in engineering and product development
- Good command of a mechanical modeling software (SolidWorks, Catia, NX)
- Knowledge of Siemens Teamcenter (or other equivalent PLM) lifecycle management software (PLM)
- Knowledge of geometric and dimensional tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge of metal and plastic parts manufacturing processes
- Relevant Experience in Change Management (CR, ECR, ECN, ECO)
- Effective communication, interpersonal, influencing and mobilization skills
- Ability to work in an international and multi-functional matrix environment
- Occasional mobility: travel to be planned, especially abroad (following the evolution of international travel limitations due to COVID-19)
- Excellent computer skills, including mastery of the MS Office suite of tools
- Curious and autonomous
- Rigorous and respectful of deadlines
- Bilingual French and English (spoken and written)
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec SME that fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration.
- We are distinguished by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team.
- Because we have flexible working hours and offer the possibility to benefit from a summer schedule
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueil metro station.
- Because our Social Club organizes a multitude of varied activities: running club Oktoberfest, barbecues, 5@7, comedy night, etc.