Powertrain Architecture Designer (Laval)
Laval, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
As Powertrain Architecture Designer, you will be responsible for the Powertrain Architecture development & synthesis for Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicle and Powertrain Systems for the Commercial Vehicle Business Unit.
You will be the key Architecture subject matter expert for the EV Systems Architecture Team to develop a platform of Electric & Hybrid Electric Vehicle/Powertrain to meet performance, fuel economy and Greenhouse gas emissions targets.
You will lead Vehicle and Powertrain Architecture development & synchesis for Commercial Battery Electric/Hybrid Electric Vehicles to meet fuel economy and Greenhouse gas emissions targets.
- Works with Product Engineering team to establish powertrain and vehicle system requirements for customer programs, and lead vehicle/powertrain modeling and analysis effort to evaluate the performance of architecture alternatives and system-level tradeoffs
- Develop the processes for standard methods and analysis work package for architecture synthesis, performance evaluation and design optimization
- Performs detailed studies and analysis of the electric and hybrid electric vehicle/powertrain system (including the mechanical, thermal, electrical, and controls architecture) with emphasis on performance evaluation, design optimization, component selection and sizing, control strategy develop
- Develop electric and hybrid electric vehicle/powertrain system requirements and decomposes into component and integration requirements
- Works with chassis, e-Drive, auxiliary, controller, software engineers to assign requirements, discuss tradeoffs, perform design reviews, & ensure successful integration
- Develop vehicle control, calibration and validation strategy based on model-based systems engineering methodology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field required
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in electric/hybrid electric or fuel cell electric vehicle or powertrain development
- Extensive experience with automotive systems engineering
- In-depth understanding of various electric & hybrid vehicle architectures, systems, subsystems at various voltage levels including component design, selection, & mating
- System-level design of electric vehicle and electrified powertrain control systems experience including system/subsystem level tradeoff analysis, troubleshooting, control and calibration strategy
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with people at all levels within and outside Dana in a professional manner
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including ability to identify and resolve issues and challenges
- Ability to multi-task effectively on projects and assignments
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills required
- Strong organization, scheduling, and facilitation skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in order to meet deadlines and goals
- A team player, who is both flexible and creative in their approach to problem solving
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration.
- We distinguish ourselves by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team.
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility to benefit from a summer schedule.
- We offer the TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station.
- Our Social Club organizes a multitude of varied activities: racing club, Oktoberfest, mechoui, 5 @ 7, humor evening, etc.