NVH Simulation Engineer (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
As a NVH simulation engineer, you will be an active member of the mechanical analysis team. Your role will be focused on, but not limited to, ensuring that the products (motor and inverters) meet the Noise, Vibration & Harshness (NVH) requirements. You will be involved in all phases of our product development cycle and in continuous improvement activities. You will also support the engineering test and validation teams.
- Carry out finite element analysis to assess the NVH performances of the electric motors and inverter systems
- Give design recommendations, perform stade-off studies and sensitivity analysis
- Collaborate with the other teams to develop and optimize products with respect to NVH goals.
- Support the tooling and validation teams in mandates related to product development.
- Support the design teams during the continuous improvement phases.
- Define test procedures to validate NVH requirements.
- All other related tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, master or PhD is a plus
- Member of the OIQ (Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec)
- Relevant experience in NVH simulation. Experience with electric motors is a plus as well as experience in the automotive industry
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in mechanical finite element analysis
- Good knowledge of vibrations/ acoustic
- Good knowledge of model correlation methodologies
- Good knowledge of electrodynamic systems (electric motor and inverters)
- Knowledge of mechanical modeling software (Solidworks, Catia, NX from Siemens)
- Some knowledge of geometric/dimensional tolerancing (GD&T) as well as the manufacturing processes and their impact on NVH
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and with complex matrix-structured organizations
- Good communicator, collaborator and problem solver.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, learn and chart your own path in a fast-paced environment.
- High attention to detail and accountable for their own work
- Asset: Experimental NVH experience.
- Asset: Experience with sound quality metrics and an understanding of hearing perception and psychoacoustic.
- Asset: Knowledge of Hypermesh/Optistruct and/or Manatee and/or Romax.
- Fluency in French and English (spoken and written)
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We stand out for the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We offer the DanaTM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Our social club organizes a multitude of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, dessert club, barbecues, 5@7, comedy night, etc.