Mechanical Engineering Technician, Prototyping (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
As a mechanical engineering technician, prototyping, your role will be to perform assemblies on various motors. You will be a member of the electric motor manufacturing team, which ensures that products are delivered in compliance with the industry’s high-quality standards.
- Assemble prototype motors, generators and other systems
- Interpret mechanical drawings and assembly instructions
- Set up and operate prototype manufacturing equipment
- Know all the critical quality points during the manufacturing process, identify and treat non-conformities of the prototypes
- Provide hands-on training to assemblers on the various production workstations
- Provide technical support to assemblers
- Participate in the development and improvement of production work methods
- Support all other production activities, including assembly.
- All other related tasks.
- DEC in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering or related training
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in reading blueprints
- Practical experience in mechanics and knowledge of common tools (e.g. torque wrench)
- Resourcefulness and autonomy
- Minutia, precision and rigor
- Organizational skills and ability to manage priorities
- Team spirit and collaboration
- Ability to work in a changing and growing environment
- French (spoken and written)
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We stand out for the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility of summer hours
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Our social club organizes a multitude of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, barbecues, dessert club, 5@7, comedy night, etc.