Mechanical Engineer, Test Bench (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Plug in your career and be part of our driving force!
Join us in the development and advancement of clean, efficient, and effective technology and contribute to the growth of transportation electrification.
Dana TM4 is a company whose primary mission is the electrification of transportation. We are recognized worldwide for our high-tech products. We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based company that encourages creativity and innovation. We believe that challenges are interesting and constantly renewed and that we can all personally make a difference.
The mechanical engineer, test bench is responsible for designing the mechanical part of test benches, assembling them and participating in their commissioning. He also participates in the design of the manufacturing tooling. His work is carried out with a concern for the safety and integrity of people and equipment, given the nature of the company’s activities. He/she must also develop work methods for the assembly of TM4 products on test benches, in the context of product development and production.
Your mandate: revolutionize the world of transportation, while:
- Designing the mechanics of all test benches: technical design, models and drawings, BOM, analysis follow-up, supplier follow-up, parts reception
- Participating in the mechanical assembly of test benches, their commissioning and validation
- Developing, analyzing and improving work methods for the assembly of TM4 products on test benches. Writing the required assembly/disassembly procedures and support the industrial mechanics
- Designing prototyping and production tooling: technical design, models and drawings, follow-up with suppliers, commissioning and validation
- Maintaining the inventory of hardware and other accessories required for the use of test benches
- Participating in the continuous improvement of the test facilities and supporting the department in all related tasks
- Supporting the industrialization department for the design of tools when needed
- Collaborating in maintaining and improving the quality system
- Any other related tasks.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the design of mechanical parts and assemblies
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (essential)
- Mastery of 3D design software (NX an asset)
- Experience in equipment adaptation and improvement (an asset)
- Experience in an ISO work environment
- Autonomy, initiative and organizational skills
- Team player and collaborative spirit
- Comfortable working in a changing and growing environment
Extras that feel good:
- Take advantage of having flexible work hours
- We also offer personal time off
- Enroll in a comprehensive group insurance plan and an employer-contributed retirement plan
- We reimburse annual membership fees to recognized professional bodies
- We have an active social club that organizes a variety of activities
- Employee referral bonuses
- Dana TM4 shuttle service from Longueuil metro