Mechanical Engineer, Finite Element Analysis (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Plug in your career and be part of our driving force!
Join us in the development and advancement of clean, efficient, and effective technology and contribute to the growth of transportation electrification.
Dana TM4 is a company whose primary mission is the electrification of transportation. We are recognized worldwide for our high-tech products. We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based company that encourages creativity and innovation. We believe that challenges are interesting and constantly renewed and that we can all personally make a difference.
As a mechanical engineer, finite element analysis, you will be an active member of the mechanical analysis team. As a finite element expert your role will be to ensure that the products (motors and inverters) will respect the vibratory, thermal and durability requirements. You will be involved in all phases of our product development cycle and in continuous improvement activities. Your work will also be used to support the test and industrialization teams.
Your mandate: revolutionize the world of transportation, while:
- Perform finite element studies (stress, vibration and thermal)
- Collaborate with design teams to develop and optimize products
- Support the tooling and validation teams in product development mandates
- Support the design teams during the continuous improvement phases
- Define test procedures to validate design requirements
- All other related tasks
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-7 years of relevant experience in Mechanical FEA
- Essential: Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) or able to become a member
- Essential: Good knowledge in the field of QET
- Experience in areas such as: modal behavior, metal fatigue, random vibration, sinusoidal vibration, shock and bolted joints
- Good ability to investigate technical problems
- Good knowledge of mechanical analysis software (Ansys workbench, Altair)
- Good knowledge of mechanical modeling software (Siemens NX)
- Asset: In-depth knowledge of electric motor operation
- Functional French (spoken and written), functional English (spoken and written), Mandarin (an asset)
Extras that feel good:
- Take advantage of having flexible work hours
- We also offer personal time off
- Enroll in a comprehensive group insurance plan and an employer-contributed retirement plan
- We reimburse annual membership fees to recognized professional bodies
- We have an active social club that organizes a variety of activities
- Employee referral bonuses
- Dana TM4 shuttle service from Longueuil metro