Mechanical Engineer (FEA) (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
As a Mechanical Engineer, finite element analysis (FEA), you will be an active member of the mechanical analysis team. As a finite element Expert, your role will be to ensure that our products (motors and inverters) will meet the requirements for vibration, thermal and durability. You will be involved in all phases of our product development cycle and continuous improvement activities. Your work will also be used to support the testing and industrialization teams.
- Carry out finite element studies (stress, vibration and thermal).
- Collaborate with design teams to develop and optimize products
- Support the tooling and validation teams in product development mandates
- Support the design teams during the continuous improvement phases
- Define test procedures to validate design requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in mechanical FEA
- Essential: Member of the “Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)” or eligible for membership
- Essential: Good knowledge in the field of FEA
- Good knowledge of topics such as: modal behavior, metal fatigue, random vibration, bolted joints
- Good ability to investigate technical problems
- Good mastery of mechanical analysis software (Ansys workbench, Altair)
- Good command of a mechanical modeling software (Siemens NX)
- Asset: In-depth knowledge of electric motor operation
- Functional French (spoken and written), Functional English (spoken and written), Mandarin (an asset)
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec SME that fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We are distinguished by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility of a summer schedule
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Our Social Club organizes a multitude of varied activities: running club, Oktoberfest, méchoui, dessert club, 5@7, comedy night, etc.