Mechanical Engineer, Electrical motor (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of powertain!
As a Mechanical Engineer in the Product Development group, you will be involved in all stages of the propulsion system life cycle, from architecture to production, including design and validation.
You will be at the forefront of supporting the various production lines, whether in Quebec, China or India. You will be at the heart of a team of experts from all fields, and will have to demonstrate rigor and creativity to ensure the efficiency and quality of Dana TM4 traction systems.
– Planning and monitoring design activities for a given product, from design to production
– Design mechanical parts and assemblies, considering thermal and structural limitations
– Perform analytical calculations and collaborate with the advanced calculation team
– Design, prototype and validate new concepts
– Support the production start-up
– Support mechanical designers in the production of manufacturing drawings
– Recommend required engineering changes and perform analysis and implementation
– Participate and lead design reviews of components and complete products
– Track design activities and deliverables for a given product
– Represent the company as a technical expert during meetings with customers
– Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams from other DANA centers of excellence
– Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
– 3-5 years of relevant experience in mechanical design
– Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)
– Mastery of CAD software (NX, Creo, Catia, Solidworks)
– Knowledge of Siemens TeamCenter life cycle management (PLM) software (or other equivalent PLM)
– Knowledge of geometric and dimensional tolerancing (GD&T)
– Knowledge of manufacturing processes for metal and plastic parts
– Experience in mechanical design of rotary machines (an asset)
– Comfortable in a standardized environment
– Good organizational skills and ability to document work
– Ability to critically review own work and that of others
– Respect for deadlines
– Good knowledge of French (spoken and written)
– Functional English (spoken and written)
Why be part of our driving force?
– We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration
– We stand out for the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
– We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility of summer hours
– We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
– Our social club organizes a multitude of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, mechoui, dessert club, 5@7, comedy night, etc.