Mechanical Designer, Test Bench (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
The mechanical designer, test bench is responsible for designing the mechanical part of test benches, assembling them and participating in their commissioning. He also participates in the design of the manufacturing tooling. His work is carried out with a concern for the safety and integrity of people and equipment, given the nature of the company’s activities. He/she must also develop work methods for the assembly of TM4 products on test benches, in the context of product development and production.
- Design the mechanics of all test benches: technical design, models and drawings, BOM, analysis follow-up, supplier follow-up, parts reception
- Participate in the mechanical assembly of test benches, their commissioning and validation
- Develop, analyze and improve work methods for the assembly of TM4 products on test benches. Write the required assembly/disassembly procedures and support the industrial mechanics
- Design prototyping and production tooling: technical design, models and drawings, follow-up with suppliers, commissioning and validation
- Maintain the inventory of hardware and other accessories required for the use of test benches
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the test facilities and support the department in all related tasks
- Support the industrialization department for the design of tools when needed
- Collaborate in maintaining and improving the quality system
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in the design of mechanical parts and assemblies
- Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (an asset)
- Mastery of 3D design software (NX an asset)
- Experience in equipment adaptation and improvement (an asset)
- Experience in an ISO work environment
- Autonomy, initiative and organizational skills
- Team player and collaborative spirit
- Comfortable working in a changing and growing environment
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec company that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We stand out because of the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- Because we have flexible working hours and offer the possibility of summer hours;
- We offer the DanaTM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Because our social club organizes a multitude of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, mechoui, 5@7, comedy night, etc.