Mechanical Analyst, durability and reliability (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the growth of Powertrain!
As a Mechanical Reliability Analyst, you will be an active member of the product development team. Your role will be to act as a liaison between the design team and the test team. Your in-depth knowledge of product design, failure modes and damage mechanisms will allow you to collaborate with the test engineers in the development of validation plans. You will be a key player in improving the durability and reliability of our electronic (inverter, charger, controller) and electromechanical (motors) products.
- Understand the technical risks and possible failures of an electric drive system
- Establish mitigation strategies for the risks present in a project
- Analyze the history of in-service failures and propose improvements to the validation process
- Understand the operating conditions in service and translate them into validation tests
- Adapt test protocols to meet statistical requirements (durability/confidence)
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in the electrical/electronic/electrodynamic field
- Essential: Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) or able to become a member.
- Essential: Good knowledge of durability/reliability concepts (e.g. statistical distribution, confidence)
- Essential: Good knowledge of testing strategies (e.g. HALT, CALT)
- Knowledge of the FMECA/DFMEA method
- Knowledge of failure modes and limitations of electronic systems
- Knowledge of failure modes and limitations of electric motors
- Competence on a data processing platform (ex. VBA, Scilab, Python…)
- Good ability to investigate technical problems
- Asset: mastery of a mechanical analysis software (Ansys workbench, Altair)
- Functional French (spoken and written), functional English (spoken and written)
Why taking part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We stand out because of the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- Because we have flexible working hours and offer the possibility of summer schedule
- We offer the TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Because our social club organizes a wide variety of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, barbecues, 5@7, comedy night, etc.