Mechanical Reliability Analyst (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Plug in your career and be part of our driving force!
Join us in the development and advancement of clean, efficient, and effective technology and contribute to the growth of transportation electrification.
Dana TM4 is a company whose primary mission is the electrification of transportation. We are recognized worldwide for our high-tech products. We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based company that encourages creativity and innovation. We believe that challenges are interesting and constantly renewed and that we can all personally make a difference.
As a Mechanical Reliability Analyst, you will be an active member of the product development team. Your role will be to act as a liaison between the design team and the test team. Your in-depth knowledge of product design, failure modes and damage mechanisms will allow you to collaborate with the test engineers in the development of validation plans. You will be a key player in improving the durability and reliability of our electronic (inverter, charger, controller) and electromechanical (motors) products.
Your mandate: revolutionize the world of transportation, while:
- Understanding the technical risks and possible failures of an electric drive system
- Establishing mitigation strategies for the risks present in a project
- Analyzing the history of in-service failures and suggesting improvements to the validation process
- Understanding the operating conditions in service and translating them into validation tests
- Adapting test protocols to meet statistical requirements (durability/confidence)
- Any other related tasks
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in the electrical/electronic/electrodynamic field
- Essential: Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) or able to become a member.
- Essential: Good knowledge of durability/reliability concepts (e.g. statistical distribution, confidence)
- Essential: Good knowledge of testing strategies (e.g. HALT, CALT)
- Knowledge of the FMECA/DFMEA method
- Knowledge of failure modes and limitations of electronic systems
- Knowledge of failure modes and limitations of electric motors
- Competence on a data processing platform (ex. VBA, Scilab, Python…)
- Good ability to investigate technical problems
- Asset: mastery of a mechanical analysis software (Ansys workbench, Altair)
- Functional French (spoken and written), functional English (spoken and written)
Extras that feel good:
- Take advantage of having flexible work hours
- We also offer personal time off
- Enroll in a comprehensive group insurance plan and an employer-contributed retirement plan
- We reimburse annual membership fees to recognized professional bodies
- We have an active social club that organizes a variety of activities
- Employee referral bonuses
- Dana TM4 shuttle service from Longueuil metro