Mechanical Analysis Team Lead (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
As the Team leader of Analysis group, you will in charge of a team of 5 to 10 team members. The role of this group is to support the whole development cycle of motor and electronic products (inverter, charger, control module). The core competencies of this group revolve around mechanical engineering including but not limited to product design analysis for stress, fatigue, vibration, acoustic, FEA, CAE, and thermal.
- Provide technical leadership for the team
- Along with product development team establish analysis roadmap required for the project
- Plan resources/hire needs for future projects and continues improvements
- Manage team priorities to support multiple ongoing projects
- Answer technical questions from other company department
- Support investigation on technical issues
- Analysis team’s interface for the internal ad external customers
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, master or PhD is a plus
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in analysis field.
- Essential: Member of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) or able to become a member.
- Knowledge of electrodynamic systems
- Experience working with FEA/CAE tools for structural, thermal, and NVH
- Ability to be a positive leader
- Competence to manage/prioritize/report multiple projects and tasks.
- Competence to review/perform mechanical FEA
- Good ability to investigate technical problems, root cause analysis tools experience
- Knowledge of the FMECA/DFMEA method
- Asset: Good knowledge of durability/reliability concepts
- Asset: Good knowledge of testing strategies (e.g. HALT, CALT)
- Knowledge of mechanical modeling software (Solidworks, Catia, NX from Siemens) ;
- Knowledge of geometric and dimensional tolerancing (GD&T);
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes for metal and plastic parts;
- Experience in mechanical design of high voltage electronic products is a plus
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and with complex matrix-structured organizations
- Innovative with a positive, can-do mindset and attitude
- Confident communicator who can build rapport quickly and influence at all levels
- Sound analytical and organizational skills with ability to prioritize effectively
- Functional French and English (spoken and written)
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We stand out for the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility of summer hours
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Our social club organizes a multitude of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, barbecues, dessert club, 5@7, comedy night, etc.