Material Planner (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of the Powertrain!
As a Material Planner, you will act as a liaison between the Purchasing, Production, Quality and Engineering departments to ensure that purchasing planning is aligned to meet customer needs and deliver on time. Your scope of work will extend from the procurement agreement to the receipt of product.
- Follow up on the delivery of ordered material to ensure compliance with the manufacturing plan;
- Follow up on orders received and follow up with suppliers on delivery delays or shortages;
- Coordinate activities to ensure on-time deliveries, on-time shipments to customers, and cost and inventory reduction objectives;
- Coordinate with the Quality and Purchasing Department to resolve material non-conformances;
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the movement of materials through the sales cycle to accurately forecast future production plans;
- Manage material shortages, delays, quality issues and any other potential disruptions to the delivery schedule;
- Establish and monitor performance measures related to customer satisfaction, lead time management and other measures as required;
- Maintain and promote good business relationships with suppliers, quality, engineering, strategic purchasing, and other internal and external customers.
- 3-5 years experience in a field related to purchasing, receiving and inventory control
- Familiar with computerized inventory management systems
- Ability to plan and organize
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Ability to coordinate several tasks at once
- Tact and tolerance for pressure
- Judgment and initiative
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- French and English, spoken and written, are essential
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We stand out for the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility of summer hours
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Our social club organizes a multitude of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, mechoui, dessert club, 5@7, comedy night, etc.