Material planner (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
As a material planner, you will be responsible for ordering the necessary materials from identified suppliers in line with the master production plan. Your scope of activity will extend from the supply agreement to the reception of the product.
- Analyze material requests and initiate the necessary releases required to follow the master production plan;
- Track material orders/deliveries with suppliers on a daily basis;
- Ensure that all procurement is done in accordance with the terms and conditions negotiated by the buyer with the suppliers;
- Coordinate procurement activities to ensure timely deliveries to our customers while maintaining a cost and inventory reduction objective;
- Coordinate with the quality and purchasing department to resolve material non-conformances;
- Follow up on delivery schedules and ensure that suppliers respect them;
- Manage material shortages, delays, quality issues and any other potential disruptions to the delivery schedule;
- Provide feedback on any order and/or delivery issues at material shortage meetings held in conjunction with the sales team;
- Report on supplier capabilities and supply status and maintain and update supplier performance indicators;
- Maintain and promote good business relationships with suppliers, quality, engineering, strategic purchasing departments, and other internal and external customers.
- All other related tasks.
- DEC in procurement combined with 5 years experience in a field related to procurement, purchasing and/or planning;
- Familiar with computerized inventory management systems;
- Negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to coordinate several tasks at the same time;
- Tact and tolerance for pressure;
- Judgment and initiative;
- French and English, spoken and written, are essential.
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We stand out for the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility of summer hours
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Our social club organizes a multitude of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, barbecues, dessert club, 5@7, comedy night, etc.