Manager Strategic Sourcing (products)
Boucherville or Laval — Permanent, Full-time
Do you want to contribute to the growth of powertrain?
Reporting to North America Electronics Commodity Manager, the Manager Strategic Sourcing (products) managed Dana TM4 & Nordresa launch programs, large resourcing projects and MFO outsourcing initiatives for the Product Groups. This role includes managing & overseeing the activities of the Product Line Purchasing & on-site Buyers at DanaTM4 in Boucherville and Nordresa in Laval.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with Business Unit Program Managers to ensure that design, quality, financial, and cost targets of the Program are met by chosen suppliers and Dana Buyers/Commodity Managers.
- Manage & oversee work of Product Line Purchasing for SUMO & Motive at Dana TM4, as well as managing activities of on-site buyers that support Nordresa & Dana TM4.
- In collaboration with the Commodity leads globally, ensure the timely costing and maintenance of BOMs.
- Develop & Implement a complete commodity strategy for Dana’s purchase of Batteries.
- Liaise with Purchasing, Engineering, Cost Engineering, Cost Estimating and OE program management to assure the best suppliers are selected and assist in defining cost targets.
- Form and lead program teams to ensure development of a robust sourcing plan that will achieve cost targets to obtain new profitable business.
- Defined, lead & conduct timely team meetings to review timing status, issue resolution, and regional coordination for purchase components.
- Liaise with Business Unit/OE Program Management regarding purchasing issues on programs, including participation in customer meetings.
- Ensure Dana financial authorization for procurement of Dana funded and customer funded supplier tooling (CPT/RFA approvals).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Development, Engineering, Manufacturing or Finance required. Masters or MBA a plus
- Minimum five (5) years of buying experience, including contract and program execution
- Must have demonstrated Project Management & leadership skills.
- Must have strong project & Program Management skills and experience in a global project delivery environment.
- Ability to successfully function in a matrix style of management, managing a variety of cross-functional team members globally.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills; competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to drive results.
- Strong stakeholder management and negotiation skills.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented approach to work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Project software Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in French and English (spoken and written).
- 20% travel and ability to work non-traditional business hours to manage in global environment.
- This position will be located at Dana TM4 in Boucherville or at Nordresa in Laval location.
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We distinguish ourselves by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility to benefit from a summer schedule
- We offer the TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Our Social Club organizes a multitude of varied activities: racing club, Oktoberfest, mechoui, 5 @ 7, humor evening, etc.