Manager, Power Inverter Software (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
The Manager , Power Inverter Software is responsible and leads the design and development of embedded Software for power electronic components/systems including power inverter, DC/DC converter and on-board Charger.
- Manage develop and evolve a team of software design to provide delivery of automotive electrification products.
- Responsible for project oversight, process improvement identification and implementation, risk mitigation, training, and hiring.
- Responsible of software processes and Agiles management to deliver software products.
- Develop and design future control power electronics and advanced algorithms for high voltage drive systems.
- Develop innovative ideas to differentiate our future control products. Provides leadership, direction and executes on the identified company strategy.
- Plans and executes projects based on the product development pipeline and manages software requirements, development, and deliverables to the company programs on-time with high quality.
- Builds enhancements within an existing software architecture and envisions improvements to the architecture.
- Builds and maintains technical competence and current best practices within the Software organization via coaching, counseling, and as appropriate, educational workshops, classes, etc.
- Designs, develops, and validates embedded applications and sets and maintains high standards of software quality in accordance with current state of the art best practices.
- Optimizes overall team performance by guiding individual team members.
- Leads and collaborates with internal cross functional teams, end users, and third-party contacts to design, develop, document, and maintain software deliverables for various projects.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with core technical team, testing, and hardware team members across the organization.
- Develop power electronic software architecture capabilities.
- Understand and interact with other product development teams (V&V, Mecanical, Sales & Marketing, Project management, and remote teams).
- Manage project budgets related to his team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent, Master’s or PhD Degree is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills.
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills, and thorough understanding of product development.
- 10+ years’ software development experience.
- 5+ years in software development management role.
- Technical knowledge of motor control and motor system integration.
- Technical knowledge of e-Drive system
- Experience with ASpice, SW development standard, and ISO26262 implementation
- Experience with Agile SW development
- Proven track record in system design and product development.
- Results-oriented, proactive, confident under pressure and demonstrated success in defining, selling and implementing program plans.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to meet or exceed goals and objectives.
- Ability to identify and manage delivery risks, including the development of contingency and mitigation plans.
- Extensive demonstrated experience developing embedded applications in Simulink model based and .C/C++.
- Knowledge of Multi core controllers, able to outline controller requirements based on system performance requirements
- Experience with Agile development methods such as Kanban or Scrum.
- Experience managing external consultants and vendors as project resources.
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices for SW V cycle requirement generation/design/code/build/deploy/test/release cycles.
- Ability to guide diagnose and resolve problems independently with creative approaches.
- Knowledge of software design tools e.i : CodeComposerStudio, Polarion, GIT, Bamboo, Azure DevOps, outils Vector(CANAlyzer, CANoe, etc), Mathlab/Simulink (is a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English ( French is a plus)
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We stand out for the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility of summer hours
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Our social club organizes a multitude of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, mechoui, dessert club, 5@7, comedy night, etc.