Manager, Motor development & Analysis teams (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
As the Manager of Motor development and analysis group, you will lead three teams, motor electromagnetics design, motor mechanical design and development, and analysis group. The core responsibilities of analysis team revolve around mechanical engineering including but not limited to product design analysis for stress, fatigue, vibration, acoustic, FEA, CAE, and thermal. The core responsibilities of Electromagnetics team are to develop concept motor electromagnetics design that meets customer or systems requirements, develop NVH reduction methodologies, develop motor topologies to increase efficiency and power density. The core responsibilities of motor mechanical team is to design motor hardware, housing, shaft, plates, rotor assembly, stator assembly and integration of all subcomponents into motor. Motor group manager is responsible to coordinate activities of these three teams, resolve technical barriers, identify gaps and closure solutions, resource allocation to projects, identify resource needs, hiring and skill development.
- Lead a multidisciplinary motor design and development teams.
- Lead and Plan the life cycle of the Motors products (RFI-RFQ, R&D, validation and maintenance).
- Lead team to executes projects based on the product development pipeline and manages requirements, development, and deliverables to the company programs on-time with high quality.
- Establish and Develop motors development roadmap with innovative ideas to differentiate our future motor products. Provides leadership, direction and executes on the identified company strategy
- Maintain and improve the Motor development process and related KPI.
- Responsible for projects oversight, process improvement identification and implementation, risk mitigation, continues improvements and hiring.
- Builds and maintains technical competence and current best practices within the motors organization via coaching, counselling, training and as appropriate, educational workshops, classes, etc.
- Optimizes overall team performance by guiding individual team members.
- Manage project priorities to meet customer deliverables
- Lead technical customer discussions related to motors products and solutions
- Lead the team through design and analysis to assure robust design
- Support root cause analysis and investigation of technical issues
- Work in team with other design and support group to support the complete integration of the motor with other automobile components (Inverters, transmissions, eAxles, …)
- Leads and collaborates with internal cross functional teams, end users, and third-party contacts to design, develop, document, and maintain motors deliverables for various projects.
- Manage engineering operational budget related to his projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or similar fields, Master or PhD is a plus
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in automotive product development
- 3 years of motor development
- 5 years of relevant people management experience
- Knowledge of electrodynamic design
- Knowledge of traction motors, high speed bearings, metal forming, casting, rotational components, and electric drive systems
- Experience working with FEA/CAE tools for structural, thermal, and NVH
- Ability to be a positive leader with Innovative, can-do mindset and attitude
- Competence to manage/prioritize/report multiple projects and tasks.
- Competence to review/guide mechanical FEA
- Good ability to investigate technical problems, root cause analysis tools experience
- Knowledge of the FMECA/DFMEA method
- Good knowledge of durability/reliability concepts is a plus
- Good knowledge of testing strategies (e.g. HALT, CALT, performance, reliability) is a plus
- Knowledge of mechanical modeling software (Solidworks, Catia, NX from Siemens)
- Knowledge of geometric and dimensional tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes for metal and plastic parts
- Experience in mechanical design of high voltage electronic products is a plus
- Experience managing international external consultants and vendors as project resources.
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and with complex matrix-structured organizations
- Confident communicator who can build rapport quickly and influence at all levels
- Sound analytical and organizational skills with ability to prioritize effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in French and English
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec SME that fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We are distinguished by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility to benefit from a summer schedule.
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueil metro station
- Our Social Club organizes a variety of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, Dessert Club, barbecues, 5@7, comedy night, etc