Manager, Electrical Vehicle Motor Design (eV Motor) (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of electrification of Powertrain!
As an active member of the Engineering and Product Development team, you will work in agile environment with the product development, validation and marketing teams. You participate in the design, validation and implementation of new functionalities in our electric propulsion systems for tomorrow’s electric vehicles.
- Leads, develops and implements a multidisciplinary project team in mechanical and electromagnetic design and analysis of electric motors
- Plan and supervise the activities of design, industrialization support, marketing and after-sales support of electric vehicle engines
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining strategies for past, present and future technologies and roadmaps for medium and high voltage (MV and HV) motors
- Responsible for the design and continuous improvement processes, in order to improve the key performance indicators of his team and the company
- Develop corrective measures to reduce defects and design problems
- Support the resolution of technical quality problems related to product design
- Responsible for the purchase and maintenance of design tools for the design of Electrical Machines
- Contributing to the development, validation, production and lifecycle phases of the products under his or her responsibility
- Understand and interact with other product development teams (software, mechanical, sales & marketing, remote satellite site)
- Manage the operational budgets of his teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in the design and development of new electromechanical products (such as motorized systems), combined with experience in employee management
- Member OIQ (Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec)
- Ability to take charge of complex files (technological and process), take charge of planning, risk management, team mobilization and implementation
- Experience in budget management (capital and expenses) and budget forecast adjustment
- Effective communication, interpersonal, influencing and mobilizing skills Remaining
- Political savvy and ability to influence decisions with clients and senior management of the company
- Experience in multi-site matrix structure
- Business acumen, fully understands the mission and scope of business objectives
- Ability to work in an international and cross-functional matrix environment
- Relevant experience in the design of parts that require the design and implementation of production tooling
- Knowledge of project processes and stage gate projects is an asset.
- Mobility: limited travel to be planned, especially abroad (post COVID-19)
- Excellent computer skills, including mastery of the MS Office suite of tools
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams
- Curious and autonomous
- Rigorous and respectful of deadlines
- Bilingual, French and English, (spoken and written)
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec SME that fosters creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We are distinguished by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- Because we have flexible working hours and offer the possibility to benefit from a summer schedule
- We offer the DanaTM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station.
- Because our Social Club organizes a multitude of varied activities: running club, Oktoberfest, méchoui, 5@7, comedy night, etc.