IT Support Technician (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of Powertrain!
As an IT Support Technician, you will be an active member of the IT team. Your role will be to be responsible for the proper deployment of Dana’s IT standards on hardware, software and processes. You will be called upon to provide support for critical meetings. You will also be called upon to respond to and diagnose service issues through discussions with users and be responsible for mobilizing resources at all levels of the organization. In your day-to-day work you will be expected to provide technical support to user devices (laptops, PCs, printers) and shop floor devices (PCs, handhelds, label printers, printers).
- Follow procedures to document customer issues, troubleshooting steps and resolution in the call tracking tool.
- Diagnose customer issues and assign appropriate support, if outside of the support area.
- Resolve issues and/or ensure resolution
- Promote customer relationships in accordance with company plans and policies.
- Installs and maintains hardware and software
- Works with the next level of support to resolve issues.
- Convey customer feedback to project teams responsible for new product implementations and enhancements to existing products.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred in a business/technical discipline, related professional training or certification program or equivalent experience of 5-7 years of related work experience.
- 5 to 7 years of related work experience
- Experience working on Windows 7, Windows 10 or Windows 20016 Server based devices.
- Experience working with Office tools
- Knowledge of handheld devices (RF scanners, tablets, etc.)
- Experience supporting engineering software (AutoCAD, Mechanical Desktop, etc.)
- Experience supporting barcode/metal label scanners and printers.
- Experience with MES systems (Argonaut, Ignition, iGear)
- Responsible for facilitating a clear understanding of all business processes, goals and drivers to effectively define system, process and training solutions.
- Develop functional requirements for solutions and changes to business processes, policies and information systems.
- Direct support of desktop hardware and software.
- Interconnection with PLC platforms
- English (proficiency in reading, writing and speaking).
- CompTIA A+ (desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Understanding of VIP support
- Analytical mindset
- Good work organization
- Excellent customer service, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Effective team player with excellent skills in effectively communicating technical information to non-technical users.
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and procedures.
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We stand out for the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility of summer hours
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Our social club organizes a multitude of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, barbecues, dessert club, 5@7, comedy night, etc.