Head of Site Engineering (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of the electrification of transport!
The Head of Site Engineering is responsible to lead Dana TM4 Boucherville engineering team to develop electric motors and power electronics modules and related software for all Dana electrification units, commercial Vehicle, Light Vehicle and Off-Highway.
We are looking for your talent in strategic management, change management and reorganization. If you have engineering leadership experience in development of automotive components and systems, (electrified propulsion system a plus), preferably bilingual or excellent spoken English with a good knowledge of the French language, we would like to invite you to join our company.
- Serve as Engineering Leader and Technical Expert. Plan and facilitate product development activities and resolve roadblocks
- Create detailed engineering plans, processes and procedures for engineering personnel to use and follow
- Plan, coach and follow the stages of implementation of the various projects (deadlines, quality standards, critical points, cost compliance, etc.)
- Lead development of RFI/RFQ responses for our customers in required time
- Develop technology development plan and guide engineering in development of new technologies and IP
- Lead component and software V&V activities and tools/processes
- Develop and improve manufacturing procedures.
- Verify and confirm accuracy of work performed and methods used by engineering staff
- Perform various tests and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects
- Monitor and identify various personnel and training needs
- Hire, train and supervise engineering personnel. Measure employee and consultant performance and provide actionable feedback on a regular basis to employees you supervise.
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers, suppliers and subcontractors
- Represent the company at client meetings
- Carry out any other tasks related to the position
- Requirements Member of the “Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec”
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Electric or Mechanics preferred
- Bilingualism (French and English) required or excellent English with a functional French
- Seven (7) years or more of experience in multi-functional project management, engineering, or in the manufacturing/industrial field
- Ten (10) years in a management role
- Analytical and mathematical skills, ability to assess and solve complex problems
- Results-oriented and motivated; agile, able to adapt quickly and effectively
- Demonstrated change management skills
- Organizational and project management skills
- Motivated with the ability to multi-task and thrive in a time-sensitive environment
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in popularizing complex topics for broadcast to non-technical audience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English (French is a plus)
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec-based SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We stand out for the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility of summer hours
- We offer the TM4 shuttle service from Longueuil metro
- Our social club organizes a variety of activities: running club, Oktoberfest, barbecues, 5@7, comedy night, etc.