Global Program Manager
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
The Global Program Manager is a key position in the Dana TM4 business. This person will be responsible and accountable for successfully leading a cross-functional team in planning and executing product development programs and projects from quoting through production launch. Program Management is a highly respected function in the global Dana organization due to the unique skillset required and the impact it has to the company’s financial results. This role reports into the Senior Manager of Program Management in Dana WHQ.
- Assemble core program team and complete the program planning process to ensure development of a complete program plan and work breakdown structure, including the financial pro forma baseline.
- Meet all design, quality, production, financial, and milestone timing needs of the program.
- Develop and maintain project-timing charts and maintain the project schedule as agreed between the internal/external customers and Dana TM4.
- Plan, lead & conduct timely team meetings and program status reviews based on the defined Program Management process – which includes direct leadership of the functional disciplines such as Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, Operations, Sales, and Finance.
- Support transitioning the Dana TM4 organization to the Stage-Gate (APQP) process used globally in other Dana facilities for developing and launching new products.
- Communicate or present project status as needed through reports and program management reviews at all levels.
- Identify and resolve project issues, using systemic root cause analysis and provide a robust process for change management.
- Liaison with internal/external customers regarding program issues, including participation in their meetings.
- Monitor project concept, budget & schedule for compliance with customer specification. Plan and identify required staffing needs to the appropriate function in a timely manner.
- Ensure successful design, capability, installation and prove-out of production equipment and tools including procurement of capital equipment & compliance with all required codes.
- Establish price, warranty and delivery targets with purchasing. Support purchasing or quality in supplier negotiations as appropriate.
- Optimize project cash flow through timely coordination of all purchase order releases. Plan and manage all budgets and costs associated with the program, and adhere to the program pro forma (business case).
- Responsible for extended support of: operations, quality, or engineering beyond what a typical program would require.
- Responsible for scheduling, monitoring, and facilitating the execution of Functional Stage Gate reviews Responsible for scheduling and conducting Stage Gate reviews with senior management.
- 3-5 years of experience as Program Manager, working within a multi-national, complex matrix based organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, operations or other related area.
- Mechatronics or Controls Experience an advantage.
- Excellent APQP and program management techniques knowledge.
- An solid understanding of financial analysis concepts and budget management.
- Business-level fluency in English and French are required for this position.
- Other languages will be considered as plus (German, Spanish, Italian).
- Strong office 365 environment and presentation skills.
- Experience of managing challenging negotiations and achieving the desired outcome.
- Ability to successfully function in a matrix style of management, managing a variety of cross functional team members.
- Able to operate successfully at management level.
- Excellent organizational leadership and follow-up skills; competent in problem
- solving, team building, planning and decision making; and shows aggressiveness when completing assignments and other responsibilities.
- Focused on exceeding expectations and comfortable with working independently.
- Proactivity, an individual who drives change and seeks opportunity for improvements.
- A passion to take ownership and deliver as both leader and member in a winning and supportive team environment.
- PMI certification will be considered as plus.
- Up to 25% travel may be required.
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration.
- We distinguish ourselves by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team.
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility to benefit from a summer schedule.
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station.
- Our Social Club organizes a multitude of varied activities: racing club, Oktoberfest, mechoui, 5 @ 7, humor evening, etc.