Functional Safety Expert (Boucherville)
Boucherville, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Contribute to the development of the Powertrain!
As Expert Functional Safety Engineer, you will drive and support the execution of the Functional Safety lifecycle. You will collaborate with other Dana Functional Safety Professionals across the globe to provide consistent results on the achieved functional safety of Dana’s mechatronic products.
- Lead the strategy and deployment of the functional safety lifecycle
- Coordinate Functional Safety processes and systems locally to be common across Dana global facilities
- Directing engineers and external stakeholders (including FS consultants) engaged in program and project work
- Engage directly with customers during the request for quotation stage; on jointly reviewing functional safety objectives and specific requirements; and in the resolution of functional safety concerns
- Produce, either directly or indirectly, all the necessary work products, including but not limited to:
- Safety Plan
- Safety Manual
- Safety Concepts
- ASIL rating/decomposition
- Safety Requirements
- FMEA & FTA
- Safety Verification and Validation activities
- Confirmation measures
- Safety Case
- Drive the FS approach across organizational boundaries and with senior management.
- Manage, direct and lead the problem resolution and tracking process and provide feedback on status of tracked problems.
- Travel to key stakeholder meetings (domestic or international, as required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering / Automotive / Electrical / Systems Engineering or a related field of study
- with Focus on Electronics or Mechanical or Aerospace or Software Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role (functional safety of automotive products)
- Experience in the implementation of functional safety standards like IEC 61508, EN 13849, ISO 26262, ISO 15998, ISO 25119, IEC 62061, and other related standards for systems, hardware and software development like CMMI, INCOSE, ASPICE
- Expert knowledge of ISO 26262
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working to ISO 26262, with strong knowledge of Functional Safety principles and specific on-the-job experience
- Expert knowledge and industry experience with safety concepts, hazard analysis and risk assessment, FMEA, FTA at both system and sub-system level
- Strong knowledge on systems engineering principles and ability to use this in a multi-disciplinary approach (electronics, software, mechanical hardware, hydraulics)
- Proven record of eliciting and implementing requirements from design to production
- 8+ years of demonstrated progressive responsibility and hands-on experience with vehicle system architectures and control systems
- Functional Safety experience in experience in automotive applications. Powertrain and EV applications preferred
- Knowledge of requirements engineering
- Knowledge of SysML/ UML.
- Knowledge and execution of requirement management tools such as DOORS, Integrity, etc.
- Both strategic and hands on; able to lead in execution as well as develop strategy
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, at all levels
- Commitment to the highest standards of ethical behavior in self and others; commitment to inclusion and diversity
- Accomplished business leader with the ability to work successfully in a matrix environment
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, think forward and ability to drive results
- Proven excellent customer relationship management skills
Why be part of our driving force?
- We are a dynamic and growing Quebec SME that promotes creativity, innovation and collaboration
- We distinguish ourselves by the multidisciplinary and multicultural nature of our team
- We have flexible working hours and offer the possibility to benefit from a summer schedule
- We offer the Dana TM4 shuttle service from the Longueuil metro station
- Our Social Club organizes a multitude of varied activities: racing club, Oktoberfest, mechoui, 5 @ 7, humor evening, etc.