Engineering Project Manager
Laval, Quebec — Permanent, Full-time
Do you want to contribute to the growth of Powertrain?
Dana is a global leader in drivetrain and e-Propulsion systems for car manufacturers (OEM) (FEO).
Join us to meet great technical challenges and be part of our Laval teams. You will help develop, design, validate and integrate new features in our electric propulsion systems for commercial electric vehicles used for freight transportation.
Role and responsibilities
As Engineering Project Manager, you will coordinate the engineering efforts of a major international project in the area Electric Vehicle Integration. You will work at the Dana Laval Technical Center and will need to travel frequently in support of the project execution. You will be responsible for delivering the solution and for controlling all the engineering and prototyping aspects of the project, including scheduling, quality and costs.
- Plan and coordinate all engineering aspects of the project
- Ensure that the design is in accordance with the client requirements
- Ensure that all deliverables meet or exceed the company’s stringent quality requirements
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary engineering teams assigned to the project
- Manage risks related to the engineering deliverables
- Act as the engineering point of contact with customers, other teams within the organization and suppliers
- Ensure an efficient use of resources through timely processing and prioritization of tasks in accordance with the availability of the various resources
- Communicate project results to the management, team members, and others involved
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other pertinent discipline required
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in systems engineering and in project management
- Possess demonstrated leadership, autonomy, and ability to work with a team in a matrix-type organization
- Ability to manage and meet tight deadlines
- Must have a strong understanding of complicated technical products
- Fluent in both French and in English (written and spoken).
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time as needed with the ability to work non-traditional business hours
- Title of Certified project management professional title or a project management degree, an asset
- Knowledge of the automotive electrification sector, an asset
- Accomplished business leader with the ability to work successfully in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, think forward and drive results